Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rode besidee a new Dodge Challenger.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 12:34 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rode besidee a new Dodge Challenger.

^^ From the spy shots of the "production" version, they didn't seem to carry the same fit and finish, and looks "cheaper" than the concept. Whereas the Challenger looks almost untouched. But still not as bad as the Mustang, which is a free-fall from it's original concept (in styling and performance).

But we'll see, they were only spy shots, so maybe things will be different (but with this being GM, I doubt it)

Old 09-03-2008, 01:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got to drive an orange SRT-8 for about 3 miles..i never wanted to get out of it...if i take the job at the mines i think i will buy one. I loved it.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:04 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still a nice vehicle, although I feel as bringing back classics is the desperation cry from the auto makers. *I dont like them*
For years I wondered why the carmakers made such ugly cars. It made no sense that for decades they made beautiful cars like the 69 Camaro, 70's Cudas and 69 mustangs and all of a sudden they forgot how to make a pretty car. I like to look at this retro-resurgence like a recipe, there are classic flavorsthat work. Maybe, those 3 cars listed are just perfect, like a veal marsala or a plain cheese pizza. Maybe as sculpture they have the perfect balance of height, width, like that whole 'golden ratio' thingthat pertains to beauty.

I agree it would be dumb to start remaking the AMC Pacer, but the Mini works. The1976 Plymouth Valiant was a dog, but how about the Alfa Romeo Spyder (with S2000 or Miatarunning gear?). The Porsche 911 shape has been around longer than most of us have been alive.

I used to think they were lazy just recopying and old design, but if it is pretty, why not, it is like cloning Christie Brinkley, and who wouldn't want to bonk an 18 year old Christie Brinkley?