Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Road race @ 150mph

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 04:11 AM
July 2008 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TikkiTakki
I agree with Endless... I have an integra and if you post anything in the "pit area"(off topic) that is not directly related to that damn car and you get banned... all those **** are on power trips!
You want a horrible forum? Go to any Volkswagen forum, with all the little Euro tuner jackasses. If you do a single thing that isn't mainstream or by the slightest bit "ricey", you will get flamed out your ***. And not just "haha you're dumb" flame, but "OMG you are tarnishing the glorious name of our Euro status, it's people like you that ruin our lives" flame. I've never seen so many people with their heads stuck up their asses in one place.

Oh, and just to be on topic, I pull shenanigans all the time on my bike. Taking corners faster than I should, speeding, weaving through traffic (rare, but happens). I would say that I'm as safe as I can be while doing these things (oxymoron like woah), but it's all in good fun, and I haven't hurt anyone or anything doing it yet.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:10 AM

Since we don't know the abilities and situations of people who do ride like that and then post about it, we should assume they don't know what they are doing because if they did they wouldn't do it in the first place and they wouldn't say anything.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ultimately the only one responsible for your safety is you. Since we are among the smaller vehicles out there in cage land any mistakes usually result in only us, or our passengers, getting hurt.

In the years I've been involved with anything motorcycle I've seen too many crashes and the resulting pain and suffering. The two main factors seem to be lack of experience and too fast for conditions. Only one cure for the experience issue ... ride, ride, ride.

And notice I didn't say "speed" was the culprit but rather too fast for conditions. Face it, we never know what's around the corner. Sand, oil slick, water -- all could be in the apex of that blind curve. All I'm saying is you put your knee down on the street and you takes ya chances. No different from getting out of bed in the morning really. Definition of safe: without risk. There is risk in every aspect of everything we do. You can put the odds more in your favor by picking your places to hooligan out but odds can be misleading.

We had a member here who used to street race a lot. Finally caught up with him. Sucks to be in debt the rest of your life paying for hospital bills. How bout every time it rains and your wrist, elbow, knee and ankle hurt like hell. The scars from the pins are a real chick magnet, too.

I guess I'll end by saying I'm not trying to bust yer ***** or be the forums momma. Really. But even if the reality is that every single one of us on this forum occasionally engages in dangerous behavior then I still find it cool that the 150mph post is followed by 10 posts saying how dangerous it is. If all it does is make a few peeps think in the heat of the moment or go to a track day to get out a bit of road rage aggression then it's a good thing, eh?

Old 04-15-2009, 11:09 AM

Well said mate.
God bless the mods!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Rod38um
Nah, I didnt................. but I do play sometimes and crank up the speed. Its always in what I feel is a reasonably safe spot at a reasonably safe time. I wont pretend that I never speed or do things that might raise the danger level a notch.... I do. If everyone is honest, we didnt buy a sport bike to ride it like a grandma. We all "play" once in a while, you just have to use your head. And it would be nice if when someone mentioned their "playtime" around here they didnt get slammed for the next 10 posts. I'm all for promoting safety but if some people around here ride like they preach, they may as well have bought a scooter.
I dont see a problem with giving some friendly advice but wow... some are getting pretty intense and militant about it.

Ride safe people, use your head... on the road and in your responses.
Well, least it was an honest post.

I do the same things. Except the weaving in out of traffic.

I save all my playing for the relatively car-less areas.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:49 AM

Well I think most of us at least use some judgment on when we do screw around. Like say whippin through the corners out on highway #8 no mans land, slap my knee farm town southern MN, pretty much harmless. Now say warpin through the residentials or high traffic areas, not so cool. As for the one's who nag and nag and nag about dangerous riding, I would say they either:
a) can't ride well
or
b) are huge liars when they say they don't do it.

Does anyone else just have a huge problem with getting passed like you're stopped by a mini-van full of kids on the freeway when your already goin 10 over the limit? Riding up through the metro to easter the other day was just suburban hell!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I road to play Ultimate Frisbee today in my helmet, full jacket, gloves, football cleats, and cargo shorts *lol*

Old 04-15-2009, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
I road to play Ultimate Frisbee today in my helmet, full jacket, gloves, football cleats, and cargo shorts *lol*
I can just see a cell phone pic of that winding up someones squid thread titled "squid or no squid"......LOL

Old 04-15-2009, 12:27 PM

good post. last time i was honest about my speed and what i was doing on my bike the first response i received on my question was how stupid my actions were.

i try not to do anything 'reckless' in areas where i put other people at risk. and i keep it on 2 wheels regardless what why buddies say.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
hahaha...ive seen this around town alot (minus the cleats). my legs get too hot from the engine heat when i wear shorts.

Quick Reply: Road race @ 150mph