Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Road race @ 150mph

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road race @ 150mph

Nah, I didnt................. but I do play sometimes and crank up the speed. Its always in what I feel is a reasonably safe spot at a reasonably safe time. I wont pretend that I never speed or do things that might raise the danger level a notch.... I do. If everyone is honest, we didnt buy a sport bike to ride it like a grandma. We all "play" once in a while, you just have to use your head. And it would be nice if when someone mentioned their "playtime" around here they didnt get slammed for the next 10 posts. I'm all for promoting safety but if some people around here ride like they preach, they may as well have bought a scooter.
I dont see a problem with giving some friendly advice but wow... some are getting pretty intense and militant about it.

Ride safe people, use your head... on the road and in your responses.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:15 PM

Hi, my name is James and I confess to speeding today. I was wearing a full faced helmet, full armored leather jacket, leather gloves, jeans, and steel toe boots. I went 55 around a nice banked turn which was marked 40mph. I do admit to being overly safe and defensive 95% of the time, but that 5% of the time I do have fun.

I'm all for being a gear ****, but damn man, you're right. Lighten up and have fun guys.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:07 AM

Oi , thats about right mates, i too remember my early years slinging my cb400 cafe racer all over town and getting sour faces from a whole butt-load of people...
about a couple years before i bought my first cbr, i banked hard into a 35 mph turn doing 55 maybe 60 and bit the pavement hard. woooweee that still makes my loins tingle. fractured femur, 2 bruised ribs and a very sore ego.
ouch. would've helped to have been wearing better leathers like i see the kids ride around in now-adays....ay....it was a great time...good times.........wait what?! no, hell no, god damn i was a stupid fu**ing kid! what an idiot!
forget it all chaps! dont f*ck around on these machines, follow the stinkin rules damn it.
S*it.....my leg still aches coming in late october...

ay..maybe its alright to break the rules once in a while....danmit but just a little!

mr moderator, this thread is ganna go real bad real fast...I can see it already!

"i wanna race around town! i wont hurt no-one, i promise!"

"your ganna kill everyone in your path, your stupid!"

"no, your stupid!"

"no, you are!"

( mr moderator )--> "settle down mates, dont make me get nasty..."

-THREAD LOCKED-

Old 04-15-2009, 12:51 AM

^^
I agree, and I often say something if someone seems a lil too un-restrained.... I hope I didnt sound like I had been "set off" thats not the case. I've just been observing for a while..... I've seen this stuff go up and down. As I said, I'm all for promoting safety but I'm not for beating someone to death with it...... :-)
A few threads lately seem to have a bit of the beating thing going on...... just felt I needed to say something. You wont find a much more conservative rider than myself..... we all have a weak moment from time to time tho.......... :-)

Old 04-15-2009, 01:02 AM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

You know whats cool? This one of the more laid back forums.
Go try and post 1/3 of we get to to indulge in here on say.... EDIT- ( some other forums :-) and man they straight up ban.

"Hey you guys know how to whee..." USER BANNED

Last edited by CBRclassic; 04-15-2009 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Other bike forum name used ... :-)
Old 04-15-2009, 01:15 AM

I agree with Endless... I have an integra and if you post anything in the "pit area"(off topic) that is not directly related to that damn car and you get banned... all those **** are on power trips!

Old 04-15-2009, 01:41 AM

I guess I just think of it as if it were in person. If you told me you were going 110mph or racing or knee dragging, I wouldnt start right off telling you how stupid you were and reminding you of all the reprocussions of your actions. I would try to use a little tact, hear you out first, then find out if you had any thoughts of safety and the like...... I mean, if you alienate someone right off the bat by putting them on the defense about their actions, there is nothing you can say thats gonna make them listen to your point about safety. If you want to change someones ways, they have to respect you, not hate you.......

Old 04-15-2009, 03:58 AM

lol. if it wasnt for my exhaust i dont think i would speed as much. I love the sound of the bike in the upper rpms

Quick Reply: Road race @ 150mph