Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Road etiquette

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Road etiquette

PG. Unless I am mistaken I've seen some of your riding pictures. Who the hell is passing you? Maybe that crazy **** on that goldwing.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:51 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Asmittie84

I hate the wave. Just becuase you ride a motorcycle to doesn't mean I share some special bond with you (Regardless of what bike you are on).
ehh, I felt a little like that when I first started but that was quickly replaced with feeling good about it. I don't think a simple hand motion is too much of a price to pay 1) to show that you're friendly and not a (*^_ and 2) when you read all the countless stories of the extraordinary things some riders have gone through to help save a fellow rider down that more than likely would've never occurred ... it's all about karma.

ORIGINAL: laxbuellgirl

I love how the girls on vespas are just one step above clowns on bikes.....I have a wave for you.

I love girls on vespas PROOF

Old 10-29-2007, 08:56 PM

Damn drunken posters

Old 10-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Asmittie84

PG. Unless I am mistaken I've seen some of your riding pictures. Who the hell is passing you? Maybe that crazy **** on that goldwing.
Dont let the pix fool you lol. I get passed just about everytime I hit Fort Mtn if any real riders are on it lol.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wave to everyone, unless I'm paying more attention to the traffic in front of me. Lately though, I've been getting more waves from cruisers than other sportbikes. I almost died laughing the other day though. I got the "jazz hands" wave from another dude on a brand-new sport bike. He looked ridiculous!

Old 10-29-2007, 09:00 PM

I wave like an idiot all the time just to spice things up, 5 fingers high (im thinking thats a jazz wave?)... .it amuses the hell out of me to think about what they may be thinking

Old 10-29-2007, 09:03 PM

ORIGINAL: suicidal

I wave like an idiot all the time just to spice things up, 5 fingers high (im thinking thats a jazz wave?)... .it amuses the hell out of me to think about what they may be thinking
you wasnt riding in dalton the other day were you lol

Old 10-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Retired Moderator

Did someone say Vespa...

Old 10-29-2007, 09:13 PM

I see 8balls.................................

Old 10-29-2007, 09:45 PM

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

I see 8balls.................................
you see eight *****, I see two ****. ...to each his own I guess.........

back on topic, I wave to everybody. well, not so much 'wave', but a 2, 3, or sometimes 1 finger off to the side. I mix it up. sometimes I shoot the 'metal hand'/'devil sign', sometimes the 'shocker'. Those times when I can't free my hands (while turning or at a stop light with my hand on the clutch and the other on the brake), i'll try to nod big enough to the other rider so they know I'm returning their wave or nod. ...i've even waved at riders when I'm driving. sometimes I get acknowledged when I drive my auto cross prep.'d car (bmw e30 stroker, corbeau fixed back seats...etc.), but most of the time i just get weird looks...

Quick Reply: Road etiquette