Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

RIP beautiful green 08 sorry you had to be sold to a NOOB

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is that an aftermarket exhaust on there? hmmm

Old 04-21-2009, 04:14 PM

15 minutes maybe a bit off id agree but i just telling it how it was told to me from the dealer

Old 04-21-2009, 05:06 PM

Dude to call this guy a noob is insulting to the other noobs out there who try and acctually learn something. Is it me or is there more and more morons like this guy? It seems like more dumb kids are getting bikes now days that should start on a 250 or something.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:31 PM

Well you ask most teenagers what bike they want, usually the answer is a hayabusa. Then when you ask why? "because it's the fastest"

It's just the teenage desire, of wanting to be the fastest/most awesome person. to be looked up to by there friends etc I think it's a confidence thing
they feel like there gonna live forever, that their invinsible. it's just how nature wires them.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by thegreenbandit
Well you ask most teenagers what bike they want, usually the answer is a hayabusa. Then when you ask why? "because it's the fastest"

It's just the teenage desire, of wanting to be the fastest/most awesome person. to be looked up to by there friends etc I think it's a confidence thing
they feel like there gonna live forever, that their invinsible. it's just how nature wires them.

invincible*

Old 04-21-2009, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by amRRussel
thrasher you bring up a good point about the release agent. I wouldn;t be surprised if the release agent was the cause of the accident...
I work in a tire factory, we use a silicone "paint" to coat the tires. Anyway, there's dozens of videos on youtube of people crashing bikes with brand new tires.

This squid, I hope he learned something.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:10 PM

calling him a noob is not insulting you even if you are a noob. theres only two types of FNG's half brained FNG's an no brain FNG's you make the decision on which you wont to be.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:13 PM

If your new to riding I wouldn't suggest getting a brand new bike. It makes so much more sense to get a used bike. It's just like getting a car. You don't go out and get the nicest car as your first one. You get one that's reliable that doesn't look nice with less power..

I think it could have been avoided if the story is true. I think the dealer and owner are responsible for it.

Also id like to know if he had a permit or a license. If he had a permit, who was riding with him?

Old 04-22-2009, 03:33 AM

IMO... i dont think you can blame the dealer.. example, if u work in a liquor store you sell a 8 year old kid a coke n he gets a sugar rush and runs in the middle of the street and gets run over.. his fault.. dont blame the liquor store guy.. same as the kid and the bike.. dealership made their money.. kid got 15 min of fame. kid wrecks bike.. his fault. too bad he wasnt more careful.