Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Is it right or wrong, or should I just not care...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it right or wrong, or should I just not care...

...I'm trying to sell my M/C to upgrade tothe CBR1000. When people call, they have already seen my pictures and know what cosmetic shape it is in. Then they ask: "How does it run?" "Are there any problems with it?"

Now, I am NOT a good lier (I found this out at a VERY early age). Since, then I've stopped telling lies. So, when these people ask me that type ofquestion I tell them: "It's in PERFECT mechanical condition. I commute on it nearly everyday, and have taken some trips to Cali on it. (I have all records on it too, and it has a clean title). The only problem is that the CCT should be replaced with a manual one. It makes a noise, but this is a common problem for F4i's."

I think this might be what has stopped 3 potential buyers from coming and looking at my bike. They get all stoked on it; we set up meeting times, and then even if they don't ask the question- my guilty concious just comes out and speaks of the CCT...and I think people get scared to hear that, you know?

Should I feel guilty for not saying anything? If they ask if there's any problems, do I need to mention the CCT?

Thanks.

ALL feedback welcomed.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Default RE: Is it right or wrong, or should I just not care...

Yeah. If asked I would mention it. It may not be a big deal but its still something that should be addressed. You could wait till they come over to see and ride it. They might be so stoked about the bike once they are there that they might not even care after you tell them. JMO.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:45 PM

My CCT makes noise too and it is very obvious. But while the noise is a pain, I know of no actual failures with this issue. If the people looking at your bike, know bikes, then I wouldn't mentionit. If not, I wouldn't mention it. The people who know won't think it's a big deal or at least shouldn't.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:49 PM

If the bike is running fine I would just say the CCT should probably be replaced in the near future and its a standard procedure with these bikes. Other than that don't over indulge information that doesn't need to me mentioned. Getting technical with newbies sometimes scares them and they think more is wrong with the bike than their really is. Good Luck.

Old 06-20-2007, 03:00 PM
VP

if it's not a problem, don't let it ruin your sale... now if the person asks about it tell them most F4s do it and its no big deal, as a matter of fact since it is sort of annoying some people actually change it to the manual one... but remind them that its no big deal and it doesn't bother you at all when you ride

Old 06-20-2007, 03:31 PM

I'm the same way. Honest to a fault. I just sold My wife's v-star but it took a long time. While on the phone with people I'd mention every slight imperfection, then after hanging up I'd think " why the hell did I say all that". Maybe like me you just want to treat people theway you wish to be treated. Anyway regarding the CCT , I would mention that it makes noise and that this is common to the F4i. But I wouldn't suggest that it needs to be replaced. Remember caveat emptor...buyer beware... The buyer has a certain responsibility to educate themselves on that they wish to buy.
Good luck selling your bike man.

Old 06-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i bought my 929 with a bad cct just because the rest of the bike was awsome. i also sold my 900 with a bad rear sprocket (30/4? teeth were broken) and the guy never complained once because he got a great deal on it and i still made a $500 profit

only tell people as much as they need to know but if asked dont lie.

Old 06-20-2007, 03:48 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

if it's not a problem, don't let it ruin your sale... now if the person asks about it tell them most F4s do it and its no big deal, as a matter of fact since it is sort of annoying some people actually change it to the manual one... but remind them that its no big deal and it doesn't bother you at all when you ride
+1, if it doesnt need to be changed dont let it hurt u when u are selling it.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:19 PM

I'll go out here and say that if it is an easy fix and you think it is keeping you from selling the bike, replace it yourself!If a $50 or soinvestment helps get your bie sold tomorrow isn't it worth it?

Old 06-20-2007, 07:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldnt over emphasize on it, as mentioned, you probably scare them off b/c they dont understand wtf that is to begin with. they are like, cam chains, aren't those in the engine? no thanks!

Quick Reply: Is it right or wrong, or should I just not care...