Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Riding with your other...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007 | 12:10 PM
Default RE: Riding with your other...

me and my girlfriend took the license in 2003 and have been riding together since. We started out on an old kawi and then sold it and got '06 f4i and it has been a blast. It is really great to share something like this with your gf. But it is quite boring to only have one bike and always ride 2up or taking turns who gets to go out for a spin lol
So just 3 weeks ago we finally could affort to get our second bike and went for our first ride together on each bike. I told her we will always have two bikes from now on

Old 04-14-2007 | 12:25 PM
Retired Moderator

...Iceland? Cool (no pun intended). With a name like that, I assume you have pretty frosty weather. How much of a season do you and your girl have to ride together?

EDIT: And how come there are some many Strongest Man competitors from Iceland? Can you lift your bike over your head nine times?

Old 04-14-2007 | 12:25 PM

yeah voodoo, its a great experience, shes also practically jumping up and down (unless i do something stupid, like wheelie)i dont even have to worry about her tipping over, we have worked out all of her problems, now im making her hit alot of curves to get more comfortable at going through them

Old 04-14-2007 | 01:06 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

...Iceland? Cool (no pun intended). With a name like that, I assume you have pretty frosty weather. How much of a season do you and your girl have to ride together?

EDIT: And how come there are some many Strongest Man competitors from Iceland? Can you lift your bike over your head nine times?
It´s pretty frosty over the wintertime(depending where you are located in Iceland), but it´s always getting better and where i live we have the longest riding season. Now we have about 5 months of good riding and then 2-3 months of not so good riding, often rain and windy for those 2-3 months . 4 months it mainly stays in the garage
I don´t know why there are so many Strongest Man competitors from Iceland, maybe we just have so many Vikings here lol

Old 04-14-2007 | 02:11 PM

my girl and i both ride.i meet her out riding and she and her couple friends she rode with started hanging out and we eventually started dating..now that we have been together for a while im use to all the attention other guys give her while she is riding,but boy when we first started it did bother me a bit.i guess im just a jealous fellow.now when i go riding with out her which is very rare these days...lol...i dont think i enjoy it as much any more.it is a great expierince when you find a person that shares the same passion as you and you share it together..a couple years ago i wanted nothing more than to be out on the streets with my boys,but as life moves on i see it getting older and older doing the same crap going to the same place getting harrassed by the same oinkers[&o].i could not imagine haveing a wife that does not ride...one bad thing though she rides a gssxxr..i know i know
but its a 05 and she had just got it before we meet so its still a little new to trade it for a cbr...
but soon verry soon...