Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Riding with your other...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007 | 03:44 AM
Default Riding with your other...

Are you single, married, or have some type of special person out there. Do they ride? Do they ride with you? I know I'm only 18, but its been over a year now that I've been single. Its bad enough that my ex goes to the same church, yada yada. Better yet, her latest boyfriend works with me, and I'm his boss =P. So she pulls her annoying self around to work all the time now with her posse, ohh well, nevermind. I dont want to complain but, Damn! Over a year... and its been a long time. Haha, busy life you know? Just curious to see the ratio of people who ride with their spouse/special someone opposed to the people that dont.

Old 04-13-2007 | 09:44 AM
Default RE: Riding with your other...

Before we where married, my wife an I were riding home from one of her friends place on the coast. We finally got to a good stretch of road after about an hour of unlit windy backroads. Well lit and good bitumen, the road snaked along an inlet & we where about 10 minutes from home.
There we where, Summer, almost full moon gleaming off the water, warm breeze, no traffic, my loved one with her arms wrapped around me, brand new Kwaka Z650 purring away the miles, very romantic. So wot would you guys have done? Yep, that's right, knock it down a couple of gears and give it the berries. We hit the channel bridge at about 80, and despite wot my wife says, we where only airborne for a couple of seconds, if that.
I remember thinking at the time, "Must tell her not to punch me in the ribs, while I'm concentrating". Anyway, that was the 2nd last time she ever got on the back, last time was a few years later, when her car clapped out and she had no choice. As you can see, no need to worry about wots on the back seat.

[IMG]local://upfiles/9500/FB0E5BFF3C9B4AF286253C7BFCE75DBA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-13-2007 | 10:37 AM

My wife rides with me, not when we are slamming the twisties of course, but to dinner or just out for a nice ride she's down.

Old 04-13-2007 | 10:53 AM

My wife rode with me all the time until our first child came along after 15yrs. of marriage. Now shemay get on the bikes maybe twice a year.

Old 04-13-2007 | 12:13 PM

yea my wife rides on the back of my bike but thats because she only has a kawi 250 to learn on and that **** it weak.... that is until we get her,her 600RR

Old 04-13-2007 | 12:16 PM

Married and we ride 2 up.

Old 04-13-2007 | 01:37 PM

girlfriend finally agreed to go on the back this summer once it warms up, gonna have to borrow gear from my friends girl though

Old 04-13-2007 | 01:48 PM

me and my wife ride everywhere together....if we hit alot of curves i go ahead and run the curves and wait on her anfter i get out of the curves...sometimes i stay with her just to watch her and give pointers

Old 04-13-2007 | 10:24 PM
Retired Moderator

Txn...isn't that such a great experience you get to share with your wife? My wife had plans to ride on the back of my bike, but I love riding so much, I almost made her get her own bike. We will come back from a ride now, and she is so high on life, she is practically jumping up and down. I just have to keep her from tipping over at slow speeds.

Old 04-14-2007 | 01:44 AM

My wife used to ride with me all the time, just around for fun rides. Now that my boy was born she said it will be a while before she gets back on again.[&:]

Quick Reply: Riding with your other...