Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Riding Shoes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 06:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I decided to not go with the oxtars, they look like they don't provide much more protection than a pair of skater shoes. i think I'm going with the Alpinestars one-o-ones

They seem like they have decent protection without being a huge boot, I just cruise around on the weekends.. no track or anything so I don't really need any "power ranger" boots. I bought a pair of steel toed wolverines and tried to ride with them last week, those things were horrible to ride with.. I couldn't feel the shifter, kept accidentally upshifting, the soles were so rugged that I had a hard time getting comfortable placement on the foot peg, that was too much of a distraction for me to ride with personally.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:51 AM
Sprocket Hauler and Savior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you think about these boots?
http://www.copshoes.com/p-OAK-11105-889.html
sorry
at work and can't ****** the pic. Good ankel protection and if you have to hike it because you ran out of gas they will take the pounding? I know there isn't any real reinforcents except for the top of the toes. Not a steel plate but a plastic impact plate. Won't chop the toes off that way.

Last edited by drunkinmist; 09-30-2009 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drunkinmist
What do you think about these boots?
http://www.copshoes.com/p-OAK-11105-889.html
sorry
at work and can't ****** the pic. Good ankel protection and if you have to hike it because you ran out of gas they will take the pounding? I know there isn't any real reinforcents except for the top of the toes. Not a steel plate but a plastic impact plate. Won't chop the toes off that way.
similar to my magnums. Are better than tennis shoes n flip flops.