Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Riding Shoes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 06:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding Shoes?

I decided that I'm getting my first pair of riding shoes, right now I'm riding around in a pair of Adidas Shell Toes (not very safe ). I still want something comfortable so I narrowed it down to two, Shift Fuel shoes and Alpinestars Octane shoes. I have never owned anything from either company so I'm not sure what the quality, comfort, protection would be like. Post your Opinions.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OXTAR Adrenaline are also an option but I think I prefer the top two

Old 09-28-2009, 06:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.motorcycletoystore.com/sp...oe/p_1122.html

All my riding is street so I have these in the black/red style. They are really comfortable, offer protection for the ankle, and look like athletic shoes, not a riding boot which is the main reason I went with them.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:15 AM

Tho those cant beat the protection of a full boot, they beat the hell out of flip flop and tennni shoes hands down.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:22 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

I wear Sidi Vertigo boots , surprisingly comfortable , but I always wear full leathers as well , so if you wear jeans they wouldn't go.

Either of those would be better than trainers though , Alpine Stars have the name , but I've seen some good stuff by swift

Old 09-28-2009, 11:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Having an issue finding a 'dual' purpose boot myself. Trying to find something that I can wear to a club without looking like I can't tie my shoelaces (velcro). Or I'm on shore leave from my Space Marine unit (full race boots).

So far I'm looking at
http://www.revzilla.com/product/joe-rocket-orbit-boot (seem ok, if a little too causal for some places)
http://www.revzilla.com/product/alpi...gore-tex-boots (a little pricey)
http://www.revzilla.com/product/alpi...rlem-air-boots (have to see them in person as the pic is crappy)
http://www.revzilla.com/product/tour...oof-road-boot# (meh, my gf doesn't like them)

Old 09-28-2009, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by hawkwind
I wear Sidi Vertigo boots , surprisingly comfortable , but I always wear full leathers as well , so if you wear jeans they wouldn't go.

Either of those would be better than trainers though , Alpine Stars have the name , but I've seen some good stuff by swift
I have the same boots n love em, tho I wouldnt want to wear them walking around lets say the mall etc. My jeans go over mine quite well too n dont look bad at all, lol. Tho anytime I'm not just going to town n back I'm in my leathers.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:51 AM

I know what you mean about not wanting to look like a Power Ranger or leather bar refugee, but I like my toes and ankles too much not to wear riding boots. I have an earlier version of these ones from AStars. With pants pulled down over them, they look almost like regular boots. No toe sliders or flashy colors. Usually I carry work shoes or sneakers in my tank bag, and just change my shoes when I reach my destination.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Munson
I know what you mean about not wanting to look like a Power Ranger or leather bar refugee, but I like my toes and ankles too much not to wear riding boots. I have an earlier version of these ones from AStars. With pants pulled down over them, they look almost like regular boots. No toe sliders or flashy colors. Usually I carry work shoes or sneakers in my tank bag, and just change my shoes when I reach my destination.

Look very nice how much do they usual run?

Old 09-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Found a better pic of the Alpinestars Harlem Air (which I'm leaning towards)

Those look passable with a pair of dockers or nice jeans.

Quick Reply: Riding Shoes?