Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

riding questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: riding questions

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Think that might help some people?
Si senor.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:43 PM

KID- i never really thought about whether i was left shy or right shy, but a friend of mine i was talking to this last week asked me about that also....so when i was in the mountains, i noticed that i was more anxious on the right benders, so i guess i'm right shy. what sucks is though that i never thought of that before and now i think thats going to bug me mentally. and i dont chop the throttle anymore learned that the hardway when i did that on the highway and felt the back slip a bit......didnt fall, but needless to say i found out real fast why that happened. i guess practice will make perfect.....and yes, please do make that video, i know it will def help me, cuz my lines are still not smooth.

FIREPOWER - i've got a 160 on the back......stocksizes.....120 in the front 160 in the back, 60 ZR 17, dunlop qualifiers.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:17 PM

ORIGINAL: isabella98f3

FIREPOWER - i've got a 160 on the back......stocksizes.....120 in the front 160 in the back, 60 ZR 17, dunlop qualifiers.
Hmmm, tons of miles or is the tread still lookin new?

It just seems that I felt just like you last year, and this year my second ride out with the new tires it rides like a dream. Like others have said, just take your time and ride in your limits. The time will come and it will all feel good, real good

Peace

~Adam

Old 05-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Retired Moderator

Bella...you know what is cool about riding? You can take as long as you want to get comfy. You have your whole life to get better sodon't rush yourself! If you feel nervous when coming up to a turn, just slow down as much as allows you to feel comfortable. Have you heard that adage, "Ride you own ride"? It is sooooooo true. Riding a bike is all about YOU! It is about your comfort level, and your love of the spirituality of the ride. I used to hate downhill right turns. I posted on here about it a couple of years back. I decided to find some of those type of turns in my area and work it out. Practice is key to getting better, yes? You have the option to make yourself better. Practice is boring, but pays off in the long run. You are going to be fine soon enough, and feel like a pro. Good luck to you...

Old 05-22-2008, 10:23 PM

I'm the same way, although I haven't measured my strips. I can say that my worst fear; I ran into it the other day, was entering a right hand turn and while looking through the turn noticed gravel across the entire lane. I was at a panic, counter steered the wrong way, stood the bike up straighter and rode into the opposite lane. Luckily for me there was no traffic, and was probably the best move, but was done completely on accident and out of nerves. Had a car been in the other lane...ugly city. I'm going to be practicing that turn a lot in the next few days! And it will suck each turn of the way, of course I will clean up the gravel first!

wildcard

Old 05-22-2008, 10:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good lean angle? yes..yes. dragging your kneeon the street? no...no.

Its all in you.. I got friends whom had been riding for 10 years but still struggling to take a good cut. If you are willing to learn, brave enough and practice then it shouldn't be a problem. Most riders will have thier own style when they approach a corner. Just customize yourself whichever way you feel comfortable and practice on it.

For new riders I would suggest these; the most important is the preparation before you enter the corner. Maintain the right speed, bring out your knee, move your *** out, bend the arms towards the lean, possible to standby the other foot on the rear brake. Checked; then you enter the corner!

Kid's advice on the throttle is a very good one too!

Old 05-23-2008, 02:53 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

hey isabella :-) ... have you read my counter steering post?? ... (click the link in my sig) ... this will really give you confidence in the bends when you know just exactly what it is that drops a bike down into a bend and picks it back up too ... the main thing though is to take your time all the time .. there is no rush to be an expert ever ..also don't feel pressured to keep up with a group .. you'll soon catch them up or they can simply wait for you further up the road ... good luck and F3s rule ..lol

Jules

Old 05-23-2008, 08:07 AM

I know how you feel sometimes about leaning over. I guess you could say i'm right shy. i can lean the bike way over on a left turn,but not so much on a right turn. Just go with what your comfortable with and enjoy the ride at your own pace. Alos you need to learn how to counter steer and once yu have that down the lean and turns will come much better and smoother-it's worked for me.

On a side note that dude is crazy to as that much for that F4. My F4 looks way better the that one and I would never dream of asking near that much for mine.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:24 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

This right shy left shy thing is quite real it seems ... I know I am supremely confident on left handers but right handers quite a bit less so ... an ability to counter steer cofidently lessens the difference but it is still there .. it seems that others are mostly right shy too?? ..so is this the brain or is it a left handed right handed thing?? .. I am right handed but right hand shy on bends ..can we get any correlation here??

Jules

Old 05-23-2008, 08:42 AM

Judging by the difference in my strips, I am left-shy. Got like a 1/4" strip on the right, 1/2" on the left. Of course,thatcould also bebecause all of the fun turns on my commute are right-hand sweepers...

Quick Reply: riding questions