Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

riding with new eyes now!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riding with new eyes now!

damn ! last night was an eye opener. i have been riding with the same group of people for about a month now, and last night we had an a ride .. we meet up at the usally spot.. nothing new coupleof new guys hondas!! (group is 5 gixers ((yeah i said it ) and 2 r-6 and me 1krr ) and now the addition of an f4i and 3 600 so it was a good group, so we started out slow nothing crazy couple guys ride stand up wheelies , and we start hitting some local twistys, and ridgt in front of me the guy on the new 07 gixxer(26 miles on it ) went downin the apex of the turn .. scared the hell out of me .. cause went i got stoped he was stuck under the bike kickinghis feet like he brokesomething.. pulled the bike up he sid out jumped up and we all starting to check him out to make sure he was ok .the whole front clip on his bike was broke it started and we then all got out of the way. andhe called the police, cause the reason he went down was the carwas on the wrong side of the road crossed the doubleyellow .. it just make you relize you can go at any time. yesterday i was asking about if it would be ok just to t-shirt for work and after that wholle thing there is noway i would ever ride without my jacket again. i meet up with us latter and we got zip ties to help hold it in place till he could get it in the shop. and he was wearing a jacket, gloves, lid , and icon jeans. not much road rash as he sild into the dirt off the road fliped it at least twiceal the front farings were busted up and a decent dent on the tank oppsite side of the road rashed faring ..its wierd i read about guys get hurt all th time i watch it on u-tube and other places but being there and being the first one to help.. just was wierd !

Old 04-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: riding with new eyes now!

there ya go. that could have been you with just a T. glad he made it out okay as well.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Err

ORIGINAL: mkhaynesaz

yesterday i was asking about if it would be ok just to t-shirt for work and after that wholle thing there is noway i would ever ride without my jacket again.
i've heard that before...

Old 04-04-2007, 07:59 PM

the reason he went down was the carwas on the wrong side of the road crossed the doubleyellow
That happens so often you can almost count on it. Just another reason to keep things mellow on public streets. You need to be able to recover from other people's mistakes, not just your own.

I'm glad your buddy wasn't seriously hurt.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:05 PM

great post dude. glad everyone's ok. sorry about the bike. : /

Old 04-04-2007, 09:10 PM

Always drive like your invisible man. Just think that they don't see me. Thats what i do.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:23 PM

same here. and i always wear my jacket, gloves, and helmet, no matter how hot it is.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:24 AM
Retired Moderator

damn ! last night was an eye opener...reason he went down was the carwas on the wrong side of the road crossed the doubleyellow...it just makes you realize you can go at any time. yesterday i was asking about if it would be ok just to t-shirt for work and after that wholle thing there is noway i would ever ride without my jacket again.
Someone else is always gunning for you (intentionally or not). Make sure you have the tools to survive! The lesson you learned from this experience may save your life someday.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:26 AM

Yeah, never hug the center line on a left turn, unless you like eating bumpers.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:27 AM

ORIGINAL: transambird_2000

Always drive like your invisible man. Just think that they don't see me. Thats what i do.

+1 Zillion thats probably the best advice you could ever give any rider, it will make the difference in living and dieing

Quick Reply: riding with new eyes now!