Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

riding with harleys

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riding with harleys

does anyone now or in the past ride with harleys in a group? the reason i ask is because i have several family members who own harleys and i would like to ride with them. But sometimes i think they look at me like im a freak on my "crotch rocket". so i was just curious.

they have tried to talk me into a harley but i love my F2 so much. maybe ill have both one day.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Yes, I ride with Harleys, Yamahas, kaws, and yes gixxers. I even had the pleasure riding with a triumph and a winger. If everyone rode the same bike it would be really boreing. As long as you ride you can ride with me . I just let the Harleys ride up front so I don't get ran over by the over weight and poorly stoppen bikes. Hay his family started it. lol.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't worry about what other people think. I ride with riders on Harleys & everything else when I go on club ride, their just part of the group. One thing I have noticed is that they like to ride side by side or bunched up in a tight group, does not worry me at all, just look kind of.......gay

Old 12-01-2009, 12:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Riding in Korea I've caught up to plenty of Harley caravans riding out and unless they are a really big group they don't really seem to mind that I'm riding along. I hope it's like this back in America. I swear, motorcycle people are some of the best people I've ever met. Never felt awkward about it, imo riding's riding, unless you're a ******** elitist or brand ***** about it.

I should also note that they did tend to give me some irriated looks when we'd hit a corner and I'd slip by because... well, when I follow a cruiser's pace around a long corner I feel like I'm not creating enough centrifugal force to keep my bike from falling over. :lol:

Old 12-01-2009, 12:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pacemaker
Don't worry about what other people think. I ride with riders on Harleys & everything else when I go on club ride, their just part of the group. One thing I have noticed is that they like to ride side by side or bunched up in a tight group, does not worry me at all, just look kind of.......gay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=721w4uS3jD0

Old 12-02-2009, 10:24 AM

ride with who you trust, no matter the brand...

Old 12-02-2009, 10:45 AM

ray that vid is freakin hilarious. i do enjoy riding with anybody on two wheels. i was just wondering if anybody has ever had problems with another bike type. i have noticed though that anybody on a bike will throw up a hand when i ride by. pretty cool.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Banned

Really it's not about the make, but the fact that you're on 2 wheels. Most of the people I ride with ride Harleys and deep down, they are no different than I am. I do usually let them ride up front and set the pace though, so I don't accidentally leave them behind. Sometimes it's nice just to cruise around.

It boils down to this... ride with who you want to and who you are comfortable with and don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:18 AM

Just imagine the mentality of a person who decided he didn't want to be seen with you or associate with you because the particular two wheeled purchase you made. That fella has ISSUES.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:44 AM

that is true. there talking about riding up to gettysberg in the spring which i would really like to do. im alittle nervouse because i havent taken the bike on a long trip like that and i dont know how it will go.my bike isnt quite as comfy as a laid back cruiser.

Quick Reply: riding with harleys