Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rider runs and kills himself and passenger in Miami

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rider runs and kills himself and passenger in Miami

Motorcycle crash leaves two dead, puts three in hospital.

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (WSVN) -- Two people are dead and three people are in the hospital after a motorcycle crashed into a car early Friday morning. As a result, police had to close the intersection of 10th Street and Meridian Avenue for seven hours, as they investigated the accident.

According to a witness, a man on a motorcycle picked up a woman after work and took off, traveling at a speed of over 100 miles per hour. Upon seeing he was about to be pulled over by police, the driver sped up and fled, crashing into a Ford Taurus at 10th Street and Meridan Avenue.

The Suzuki Hayabusa motorcycle T-boned into the car at such a high speed it sent the motorcycle flying three quarters of a block. Because the riders were traveling so fast , the helmets they had on did nothing to save their lives. "He had a need for speed and, unfortunately, that need for speed killed him tonight," said Detective Robert Hernandez of the Miami Beach Police.

Police say the 21-year-old driving the motorcycle only had a commercial license, not a motorcycle license. "Right now we know that the driver shouldn't have been on the road. He was driving with a business pupose-only driver's license," said Hernandez, "as well as having had DUI in May of 2006. His motortcycle was also rigged for high speed."

All three people from the car were transported to the hospital with minor injuries. The motorcycle driver died on impact and his 19-year-old passenger, whose 20th birthday would have been today, died shortly after arriving at the hospital.

Old 11-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rider runs and kills himself and passenger in Miami

so much for natural selection when 2 are dead and 3 more injured. sad to see this happen as always. another reason we get a bad rep.

Old 11-10-2006, 06:34 PM

I will never ride in Miami. I've seen nothing but squid-tacular displays down in that city.

Old 11-10-2006, 07:05 PM

that sucks but i'd liked to know what "rigged for speed" means. Is that some sort or technical term they use down there?

Old 11-10-2006, 07:16 PM

Yea, rigged for speed.What did it have a chrome windscreen. They just had to add that in there. Those bikes are CRAZY fast anyway.

However, I HATE it when people drive MC's without a class M license. Thats one thing that really erks me! Thoose people are the ones that usually are the ones causing crashes ot getting introuble (atleast in my area). The people who actually who take the steps legally get a bad wrapfrom those who are too inconsiderate and irresponsible to take the time and get their license. And in this case, not only did he take his life, but apparently his girlfriends also, and endangered 3 other people. Dont get me wrong I feel bad for them and their families but in his situation, it was STUPID.

Old 11-10-2006, 07:22 PM
VP

that sucks but i'd liked to know what "rigged for speed" means. Is that some sort or technical term they use down there?
I was thinking the same thing... oh well sucks for the passenger

Old 11-10-2006, 07:31 PM

You all took my thinking right away from me. What is rigged for speed. That is going to be the next topic on here. It was stretched out and had nitrous. Or just one exhaust so the cop thought it was rigged for speed. Hayabusa is a point and shoot motorcycle. Point it in the direction you want to go and crank the throttle just hope there is no corners.

I would like to see more of the pictures of the bike. I am curious to see the bike and the car.

Old 11-10-2006, 08:05 PM

wow... Idiot. Bet he had no gear on. Guess that wouldn't matter if you t-bone a car going 100+... Too bad for the 19yr girl. Then again, lots of idiots on bikes in Florida... And lots of idiots as cops too...

Old 11-10-2006, 11:46 PM

Now you see, and I'm not advocating eluding the Police, but if you do, do it smart.

There is no need to go 100+ MPH through an intersection, none at all. Even if you are running from a cop, you take it slow, take it easy, stop at the intersections and blow him away on the straights. Take it nice and easy, and you will live, and probably get away. Not that I know, I just assume.

Quick Reply: Rider runs and kills himself and passenger in Miami