Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

rider down

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rider down

i just found out that one of the cars was saying to my mom , "just hurry up and move him.. he is just another dumb *** kid on a motorcycle" really sad to hear how some people can be so cold hearted. regardless if i knew the person who went down or not i would stop and see if they are ok

Old 08-05-2007, 09:06 PM

People who don't stop when someone OBVIOUSLY needs help, suck. It's just that simple.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Wildcat

People who don't stop when someone OBVIOUSLY needs help, suck. It's just that simple.

Just busy little ants doing their useless choirs.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:36 PM

There are good and bad ones mixed allright, when I went down, I had one guy stop, call the ambulance, call my wife and stay with me until the ambulance got there. I has domebody else search my backpack and take my Ipod.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:04 PM

ORIGINAL: oreo

There are good and bad ones mixed allright, when I went down, I had one guy stop, call the ambulance, call my wife and stay with me until the ambulance got there. I has domebody else search my backpack and take my Ipod.

O snap! Thats funny and sad at the same time. I feal bad now.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I'm in my car, I'll usually help out anybody by blocking off traffic, throwing on the hazards and helping out. Whether it's a spilled load, accident, car trouble, flat tire, etc. If they're in danger of being hit, I'll usually block traffic to be kind, and help out to get them going again.

I'll do this on my bike, but I can't really block traffic with it, so I usually pull off, or pull up onto the curb and leave the right turn signal on.

It really grinds me the wrong way when I see people witness an accident, and not help out. An older lady ran a red light while I was going through the intersection and t-boned (at about 45 mph) the car in front of me. I stopped right in the middle of the intersection, jumped out and ran over to the cars (passengers in the t-boned car were unconscious, and the older lady was bleeding from the head, screaming.) I was the ONLY one who actually got out of the car to help out. It took almost 5 minutes for another guy to come over, running from the college campus to help out. (he only heard the accident, but rushed over anyway to help out.)

If I wasn't tending to the injured, I would have yelled profanities and who knows what else at EVERY person who left that accident, damn well knowing at least they could have opened their windows to ask if they needed any help. Some people.......

Old 08-06-2007, 12:28 AM

In 03 I was ejected off of my R1 at 45mph. For maybe 5 seconds I was Superman, wow!!, what a feeling, then gravity took hold and brought me back to earth. I think I landed on my *** and right side. Broken hip along with most of the ribs on my right side with my collarbone for good measure. If your gonna do it, do it right! Anyway, it was on a side street and everybody and their mother showed up. I think they were bored and decided to have a block party around my broken body. I kind of faded in and out of conscionsness but when I was awake I counted like 30 people or more around me along with two aid cars, four or five cop cars and one of those really long fire engines. I was impressed and flattered, everyone making such a big deal about me....ahhhh....fond memories.

But, [sm=hia.gif], riding a new cbr1000 and enjoying the good life [sm=icon_guiness.gif]

Old 08-06-2007, 01:41 PM

Yeah, there are way too many people out there that care too much for their worthless lives to ba able to give a helping hand. I just always try and live my life so that I do to others as I wish done to myself. I'm lucky enough to have had people help me out when I wrecked last summer. I may have had to lay in a ditch for a half hour, but someone luckly saw my bike and then me.

A few months backI was going down a highway in my car with my GF just a little after dark. We're going along and all of a sudden I saw a faint light in the opposite ditch and my heart just dropped because I thought immediatlly that it was light from a downed bike in the ditch. Well after turning around and putting on the hazards we were lucky to find some dude cutting grass with this rider lawn-mowerw/headlights on.
-NorthernFirepower

Old 08-06-2007, 01:44 PM

i live out in the suburbs, so there isnt much going on, and the emergency responders usually get to accidents pretty quick

but if i were to come up on an accident or anything else, i would stop to help out the best i could

Old 08-06-2007, 02:45 PM

The other day I was waiting at a red light behind a pick up truck (about to take a left turn).There were like 10-15 cars on the opposite side of the lights waiting to turn left (you knowturning right in front ofme). When the light turns green the guy in the truck seesall thesecars with their blinkers on a decides to make the left turn and runs right into a kid on a bicycle (kid going straight through theintersection). The kid and his bike fall to the ground, the truck squeels the tires to a stop. So I pull forward to the left andpull overturn my bike off and watch every single car drive by. The lights run through its cycle again andIam the only person who stopped. I was so amazed there must have been 35 cars that drove by. Some people just have to get where they are going and nothing will stop them. Anyways luckly the kid was ok, his backwheel lookedalittle messed up, and he had some scratches on his leg but he was fine, proally a little scared but nothing major. As the guy returns to his truck I ask him if everything is ok, and hereplys wasn't it a "no walk sign." WHAT AN IDIOT. He could have killed that kid.....

Quick Reply: rider down