Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

rider down

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rider down

so i just got off the phone with my parents and they were out running errands and they were sitting @ a stoplight and a guy on a brand new cbr 600rr lane splits and then the light turns green and he brings the front wheel up .. my dad said the next thing you see is him going backwards and the bike crashing against the ground. guy was only wearing a t-shirt, jeans, gloves and a helmet but luckily didnt get too hurt. the bike was messed up from how my dad described it (clutch handle broken, tail light smashed, etc) . and after the guy went down he ran out of the middle of the street and my parents blocked traffic aong with another person who stopped to help and my dad helped to get the bike out of the road.

ive always wondered if i happen to go down on the street will anybody pull over and help or will they keep on driving ? glad to see that thereare still good people in this world that will go out of their way tohelp a stranger. plus it doesnt hurt that me and my brother both ride so my parentswere only doing what they hoped someone would do for me or my brother

so why am i posting this ? not to brag aboutwhat a goodthing MY parents did but rather to share a more posetive story (even though it did involve a rider going down and a beautiful black 07 cbr 600rr wrecking) instead of the same olddepressing wtf kind of world are weliving in tale.with all the **** that is happeningin our world and in each of our personal lives its nice toknow that there are good people still left who think about others.

ride safe everyone and try to wear your gear, it really does help .whoever that rider was (idk if he is on here) i hope your ok .

Old 08-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Default RE: rider down

yea. If someone crashes and your around, you better damn well stop and do what you can. If i ever crash i hope someone stops to help incase i need it.. what your riding shouldn't matter... car, truck, bike, whatever. Were all people !

Not that crashing whoolies in intersections is smart... but still i would help if i could. Even if it was just calling 911 for him or something...

I "think" most people would stop and offer help if they saw a crash... i could be completely wrong though.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

my buddy wrecked his rx-8 (almost in the same spot this guy wrecked his bike) and everyone just went around him. i personally always top if i see an accident but other times ppeople just rubbe rneck on by . they figure someone else will stop and help

Old 08-05-2007, 02:23 PM

I droped my motorcycle at a gas station once because they had some loose gravel. I wasn't going fast or anything and I didn't even fall down but everyone was stairing at me like a car ran me over at a horrible accident secene. NO ONE helped me pick it back up. 350LB bike and I am a lightweight. Luckly, I knew how to pick it up using my legs.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:30 PM

Nope. People will just sit in their cars and think of a way to get around you.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:33 PM

I pulled over a few days ago to ask if a lady (luckly she was a hotty) needed any help cause her car was dead. She said she called someone and that she was fine. I left a distance and turned around hoping she'd still be there so I could her #. She was already gone and I went only a mile down the street. I wish I'd had my back seat on cause I would have given her a ride home.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:38 PM

I will alwaysstop for an accident. I haven't seen any riders go down, but I'd be the first there to help if I did. Granted, if they went down because of another car, I'd grab the lic plate number first and then go help.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:58 PM

its a sociological term called social loafing. its actually natural to say "f that dude hes an idiot" and drive off

Old 08-05-2007, 05:12 PM

When I had my accident I came to a stop sprawled out on the rocks and gravel 30+ feet from the curve. Multiple cars drove by. I hope it was because they could not see me. After checking myself for serious injuries I sat on the bike and sucked up a few cigs, then tried to pick up the bike and head back home. The ribs and back being in the condition they were, there was no way I was getting that bike back no the road. Multiple cars drove past me trying to get it to the road. I finally gave up and flagged down a truck to help me get the bike to the road. The guys helped me and jetted off, and as I started to ride home the oil light came on. I looked down and saw a big hole in the crank case. I turned off the bike, pulled over, and started checking other things out. Even without flagging him down, a guy stopped to help me when he saw me bent down to check out my bike. He then waited over an hour for my wife to get to me.

So there's good types and bad types, I guess.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Mad

A friend of a friend dumped his bike on Palomar mountain. He was dumb and tried to pass a car in a turn. He only been riding for a week. Anyhow I guess he freaked out and lowsided into the guard rail and broke his leg. He ended up between the guard rail and a fence. Luckily the fence was there or he would of been over the side and down the cliff. The car that he passed did not stop. Granted his fault but they should of checked to make sure he was ok.

Quick Reply: rider down