Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rider Down

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rider Down

Ok so the wife, TXRidder,Joe, and me (another guy i know) go riding this morning/afternoon, we are all on new roads so everyones riding loose, at there own pace. the road was beautiful - both scenic and with the variety of twisty's from wide sweeping to tight and technical 90's. the order worked out as Joe(R1), Me(9RR), TXRidder(600RR), and the wife (F4i), so with me and Joe its nip and tuck as as we are coming up the whole time groups of bikes are coming down, well right as a group of 8 or so pass us with a kick-@$$ RC-51 leading the pack ( I know all the guys from the local bike night) so we wave right before me and Joe go into this tight V curve...halfway through we see dust still settling from where this guy came in to hot and wipped out on a Suzuki SV 1K, so we all stop and I walk over to where hes down and make sure hes ok and help get his bike up, thank god the dude wasnt a squid, he was wearing full leathers, gloves, helment, knee sliders, etc. ( his boys showed up at this point-from what i can tell he was the sweep) He turned out to be fine, the only thing wrong with the bike was he ripped off his right side mirror and put a few scratches and dents on the bike, but still perfectly drivable. he went in a little hot and hit some dirt and that was all she wrote. at this point i realized in the last set of curves i drug my boot on the ground.( gotta get some leathers, kevlar boots, etc.) so we continue up, have a great ride, on the way back home Joe and a Suzuki that flew right past us both got pulled over by a bike cop that was literally hiding in the bushes. i thought me an TXRidder had gotten busted as well but when we were all pulling over he motioned me and TXridder on ahead. Joe wound up getting a ticket for 55 in a 45 (the cop was nice he clocked Joe at 73 and the other guy at 80) so we pulled over at the next side road and waited on Joe, then we all stopped at the gas station and split up, Joe went home to try to smooth things over with the wife so he could come out and play next weekend. LOL TXridder, Lesley and I all went to I35 S and got TXridder pointed back in the right direction of home then me and the wife rode around downtown for awhile then we came home for food and drink then we are headed back out.

Old 04-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Default RE: Rider Down

ok guys heres the route. the map doesnt do justice to all the curves, its kinda zoomed out a little to make marking the route easier and like i said before the map/highlighted route does the curves no justice. the orange dot in the 2nd picture is where the guy wiped out, in the 3rd one the green mark is where we turned around, In the 4th one the blue dot is where the cop was hiding

Old 04-15-2007, 08:11 PM

those twisty's were a LOT of fun :-) some it was definitely over my skill level (at high rates of speed)but I just backed off and let the guys pass me so it was a blast. The maps don't do the curves justice though.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:49 PM

loved the ride, i just gotta get more practivce in, never done so hard turns so you can say im a noob, but i'll get up there, but it was a Bad A$$ ride...wainting to do it again....oh will and joe found the curves,

Old 04-16-2007, 01:57 PM

Damn....thank goodness he is ok...

Old 04-16-2007, 02:26 PM

Hey Alex its all good, like we said everyone ride at their own level. Great job for not trying to ride outside your skill level. It wont be long and youll be up there with Joe and me ripping up the curves. You remember how to get out there right? F.M 2222 across loop 360 till it dead ends at the T with F.M. 2769 i think...anyways youll run smack into it, take a left go to Valiencia, at Valiencia make the right turn thats a 90( Lime Creek Road) at the cafe and your there to start your run up the mountain.

after watching you ride ahead of me for awhile and seeing you ride the rest of the day i guess there really was sand in the road huh? LOL j/k

Old 04-16-2007, 02:41 PM

Glad He's ok. That sound like a great ride. I'm in killeen and I think The wife and I are going to buzz up there this weekend. Thanks, I'm always on the lookout for good roads! YOu feel like riding It again? Alway looking for good people to ride with also!

Old 04-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Banned

Nice road. Good to hear the rider was fine.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:12 PM

Wow glad he was wearing leathers.. unfamiler roads suck trust me..
he was on a SV thosetorqe happy Vtwinscan kick out

Old 04-16-2007, 05:28 PM

after watching you ride ahead of me for awhile and seeing you ride the rest of the day i guess there really was sand in the road huh? LOL j/k
thanks for the compliment, maybe next time i'll let you ride in front of me...lol

bornluckee13
Date 4/16/2007 12:41:34 PM

Glad He's ok. That sound like a great ride. I'm in killeen and I think The wife and I are going to buzz up there this weekend. Thanks, I'm always on the lookout for good roads! YOu feel like riding It again? Alway looking for good people to ride with also!

any time you wanna go just holla at me, cause im up for a ride

Quick Reply: Rider Down