Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

rider down

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curtis, i'll keep you in prayer and thought. I wish you a quick recovery!

Old 03-04-2011, 01:27 AM
Thank you all for your support

Ill try to explain what happened. I was on my way to class at about 2:00 wednesday. I was on a portion of road that splits from one lane to a two lane road. about 200 feet after the road becomes 2 lanes, there is a side street to the right. I followed a large moving truck at a reasonable distance, both doing the speed limit. As the road split he took the right lane and signaled to turn onto the side street. I took the left lane and proceeded at 35mph. The same street that the truck was turning off onto had a car waiting to turn left and get on the road I was on headed the opposite direction. He saw the truck signaling to turn right, and went ahead with his left hand turn. At the same time I was passing in front of the truck that was turning as he pulled out right in front of me. I locked up the rear and pulled the front brakes hard enough to get up way high on the front wheel. I hit his car and was thrown over it, leaving my bike on the original side and me on the other. The officer said that I had the right of way and that the accident wasn't my fault. I've always been told the most dangerous thing about riding is the other people, never though I'd experience it first hand.

I live in Rolla missouri, a small town 100 miles from saint louis. I remember the last flash before hitting the car, and then the next thing i remember is trying to stand up. I wasn't aware of the extent of my injuries at this point, and was worried about being hit my oncoming traffic. The guy that hit me got out quickly and assisted me. I laid face down on the pavement until the ambulance arrived. I heard them coming far off, and it seemed like they took an hour to get to me. Im not sure at all how long I was even at the scene. I was stabilized at the Rolla hospital, and then transferred to a Saint Louis hospital with better trauma care.

If you havent check out my build and the beautiful bike that was the product of it, check it out here.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-900rr-19/giving-her-make-over-120403/

I was the second nice day of the year and I had already had my bike out all morning. My girlfriend and I had been riding just an hour earlier. I had to go to class, and thank god she wasnt on the bike for this. I would be so upset with myself.

Everything damaged is on the left side of my body. I broke my scapula, 5 ribs, and three vertebra. I also have a punctured lung that is partially collapsed.

All of this comes to me as sort of heart breaking. My passion in life is bodybuilding. I was planning to do my first show this year. I have been told it could be up to a year before I am able to get back into the gym. If this is true Im not sure what I will be doing. Training is my life, and its going to be tough sitting it out.

I have to remain positive I guess. My life wont be the same for a long time, and I guess I have to try and accept that. I am nervous about the bike and its condition and whose going to pay for it and the medical expenses. The cop told me that the accident was the other drivers fault, so hopefully his insurance picks everything up without a bunch of problems. I hope they dont want to try and repair it, it will never be the same bike after an impact like that.

Just a lot of unanswered questions, and I am having trouble dealing with all of it. Day by day I guess. I have received a huge out pouring of support and prayers from so many people. I have my girl here taking care of me in the hospital. Step by step

Old 03-04-2011, 04:10 AM

Please get well!

Old 03-04-2011, 04:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear this man. Heal up fast.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:12 AM

Good to see you've got back around to a computer. Throw some of your favorite build pictures in an album if you can and I think you're in for ROTM!!!

Get better Bro!

Old 03-04-2011, 02:10 PM

Get better soon man :/ Glass half full though- you're alive man. If that means giving up training for a little bit, I think you won this battle, brother.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:32 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

****! I only found your build thread today, couldn't belive your bad luck!!

Get well the same way you did your bike. Do it slow and steady and it'll all come good in the end

Take care and let us know your progress

Old 03-16-2011, 06:58 PM

best wishes

Old 03-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take your time and heal up right. Riding and bodybuilding both with be there waiting for you. And both will need you in top shape.

Glad you made it

Old 03-16-2011, 07:08 PM

Get better soon my man!

Quick Reply: rider down