Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: If ants were on your gear what would you do?
Take it off and continue home?
38.10%
Suck it up and take the pain?
4.76%
Call someone to pick you up?
2.38%
Karate chop every ant until they run away?
54.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

To ride with no gear or a jacket of ants?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 08:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another thing to pack along with the tool kit and tire repair kit... ant spray

Old 06-25-2010, 10:14 AM

I left my helmet on the back porch overnight a few weeks ago. The next day I checked it before heading out. A few moments later, I was riding down the road and a wolf spider started crawling on the shield. It was a hairy situation...

Old 06-25-2010, 03:59 PM

You guys are crazy, I live in Phoenix Arizona, ride in 108-120 degree temperatures every day during the mid-late summer, and I never ride without full gear (unless I go around the block after washing her.) It's really not all that bad, in fact it doesn't bother me a bit... Don't understand why people ride without it... Just man it up, I mean if you're gonna ride a bike you should at least be man enough to tough it out with the proper safety equipment in any weather :P

Old 06-25-2010, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Goloth
You guys are crazy, I live in Phoenix Arizona, ride in 108-120 degree temperatures every day during the mid-late summer, and I never ride without full gear (unless I go around the block after washing her.) It's really not all that bad, in fact it doesn't bother me a bit... Don't understand why people ride without it... Just man it up, I mean if you're gonna ride a bike you should at least be man enough to tough it out with the proper safety equipment in any weather :P

But are there a bunch of ants in your jacket biting you while you ride in that 108-120 degree weather??

Old 06-25-2010, 06:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Goloth
MMM lets not get into the man it up and wear safety gear no matter what. All in all its a choice you make and live with. I know about heat to. Its 100+ degrees and humid as can be here. Its like living in a sona.

And something biting you isnt the best to try and get over as you do 50mph. lol

Old 06-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It doesn't seem like it would take THAT long to get all the ants out of a jacket.... mesh or not.
And I would have wanted every last one of those crawly little bastards to pay, so I would have made it happen.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:25 PM

I really cannot stand bugs hitting my face or inside my helmet, i wont even leave my gear in the garage overnight cause i've heard stories of spiders in helmets and what not i'd of either shook the crap outta the stuff or dunked it in the lake and drowned the bastards ;D

Old 06-25-2010, 11:17 PM

Haha, that sounds like that one guy, snowboarding82, or something, posting about how he would drop the stylus from his PDA into the toilet where he was sitting ... or how he got a new tire and put the wheel on backwards ... or how his shoelaces got wrapped over his footpeg and he dropped his F4i because he couldn't get his foot to the ground. He had a blue bike I remember.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:21 AM

Sounds like that dude had some badluck.

But yeah as for placing my helmet and jacket - assuming i'm not fearing they are going to get stolen I always leave stuff on my bike, not the ground.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
MMM lets not get into the man it up and wear safety gear no matter what. All in all its a choice you make and live with. I know about heat to. Its 100+ degrees and humid as can be here. Its like living in a sona.

And something biting you isnt the best to try and get over as you do 50mph. lol
Word.

Quick Reply: To ride with no gear or a jacket of ants?