Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: If ants were on your gear what would you do?
Take it off and continue home?
38.10%
Suck it up and take the pain?
4.76%
Call someone to pick you up?
2.38%
Karate chop every ant until they run away?
54.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

To ride with no gear or a jacket of ants?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 06:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default To ride with no gear or a jacket of ants?

So i went fishing today at this new place with a new bait. Never caught more catfish in a 40 min period than today by the way . Anyways i set my jacket and helmet on a dry patch of dirt with no ants, no ant hills near by, and just no bugs around. I go fish and come back about an hour later. My gear is covered it ants. So i pick it up and kinda shake it. Now they are also on my pants. Get them mostly dusted off and make my way back to the bike.

I get to my bike and bang my jacket out and tear my helmet apart since they are inside it. I get my gear to the point where i see no ants. I put it on and start down the road. A min later the ants are waging war on my back, neck, and right arm. I pull over like a maniac and rip my gear off and start smacking myself everywhere.(im sure this would be amusing if caught on camera)! Anyways i put my jacket in my bag so now im just in a cutoff t-shirt, jeans, and my shoes. I feel like a dumba$$ going down the road with a riding jacket straped to my back and wearing this scrap for clothing. lol

Anyways there were a few in my helmet that i managed to nut it up and get home. So ive got about 20 bites total. It should be gone in the morning.Next time ill bring a hangar. But ya thats my story. What would you have done?

Thanks for reading.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I probably would've stopped took my gear off and got the old magnifying glass out and went to work, but seriously, I would've got as much ants off as I could and rode on... in gear.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:25 PM
Administrator - Retired

I would've got as much ants off as I could and rode on... in gear.
Yep.
I would have removed my helmet liner and beat the crap out of my jacket until all the little bastards were dead or running, then geared back up.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:30 PM

Lose lose situation, to many pockets in a jacket to get em all. You ride home without the jacket u take a risk (unless im takin a road trip im not wearing my jacket to go to the store, bash me!) of something happening. you wear the jacket u get bit to the point that it causes a distraction and u fall off the bike comin in a corner. f*ck it ride home without it, takin chances riding a motorcycle anyways...

!!!!OR!!!! before u sit ur jacket down u understand that more bugs crawl on the ground than fly......maybe ur jacket should have been on ur bike and not the ground.....

Old 06-24-2010, 08:45 PM
June 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by pimpncbr954s
Lose lose situation, to many pockets in a jacket to get em all. You ride home without the jacket u take a risk (unless im takin a road trip im not wearing my jacket to go to the store, bash me!) of something happening. you wear the jacket u get bit to the point that it causes a distraction and u fall off the bike comin in a corner. f*ck it ride home without it, takin chances riding a motorcycle anyways...

!!!!OR!!!! before u sit ur jacket down u understand that more bugs crawl on the ground than fly......maybe ur jacket should have been on ur bike and not the ground.....
smart man. Just drape it over the gas tank...
As far as taking care of the ants. They would be getting chop sueyed for sure. Maybe throw the jacket on the ground and start jumping and stomping on it?
No,no,no....Light it on fire. YES light it up good. Ants will be gone for sure

Old 06-24-2010, 08:54 PM

I have a mesh jacket, so getting all the ants out would have taking all day. I would have taken the jacket off and ridden home very carefully.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:54 PM

you made it back in one piece? no harm no foul. just next time ya know to hang your gear over your seat instead of over an ant hill. hahaha stuff happens

Old 06-25-2010, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by dohcdelsol
you made it back in one piece? no harm no foul. just next time ya know to hang your gear over your seat instead of over an ant hill. hahaha stuff happens
Ya i took the liner out of my helmet and blew most of em out so only a few would crawl around on the ride home. My jacket is mesh so it was taking forever to get them out. Fire most likely would have been an expensive option. lol

I would have left my gear on my bike but even gear locked up to your bike is notorious for being jacked in the area so i didnt want to risk it. Sometimes i wish i had a car. Its difficult to go fishing on a bike. lol

Old 06-25-2010, 06:52 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
What would you have done?
Well, I probably wouldn't have laid my stuff down on the ground because of the potential for things like that. Maybe hang my helmet over the mirror and lay my jacket across the seat.

Anyway, since it's too late for that now I guess I would have ridden home without the jacket on. Maybe stop by a store and buy a can of bug spray if there was one nearby. From my daily observations those who wear any sort of jacket in warm weather are a rare site. Most just have on a T-shirt and occasionally shorts and tennis shoes. There's a helmet law in my state, so everyone is at least wearing that.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:54 AM
June 2011 ROTM

Certain areas around here I wont leave my gear on my bike either out of fear of thieves stealing my stuff so I can understand that.

Quick Reply: To ride with no gear or a jacket of ants?