Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ride of the century 2013

Old 01-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ride of the century 2013

Anybody know anything about it yet? I've heard that they aren't doing it and I've heard they are. But I do know I want to be in the back of the pack (avoid the damn road blocks) Can I say Damn in here? I hope so. I've said it twice now.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to. Got a link?

And yeah, damn is fine. It's in the bible.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:09 PM

I do not condone reckless driving (therefore want to be at the back of the pack) There were over 4000 bikes in the main ride.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Administrator - Retired

Wth were they running for? Going through the median and the wrong way up an entrance ramp?

Old 01-08-2013, 09:31 PM

because the year before they arrested everybody that stopped whether they were breaking laws or not. and everybody that stopped on this one either got ticketed or arrested for riding in a large group.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Administrator - Retired

So they aren't allowed to ride in large groups? That's an offense? If so, that's sorta messed up.
Now if they were causing trouble, I could see some of them getting popped.

Were there ever any news stories on it?

Old 01-08-2013, 09:44 PM

yeah, if you search google you can find news stories, but you know how the news will blow things out of proportion. I'm sure there were a few reckless riders (wheelies, speeding, other stunting, and passing on the right), but I believe the cops are taking things to excess. I think unless they physically see you doing something reckless, leave them alone. If big groups are illegal, does that mean you can get a ticket if you are riding your motorcycle during rush hour traffic?

Old 01-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On fb

Old 01-08-2013, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sprock
On fb
all over it. Already sent them a message inquiring about the 2013 ride and asking about the video and road blocks etc and wondering if they left the responsible riders alone.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Administrator - Retired

Originally Posted by bikerboy46032
yeah, if you search google you can find news stories, but you know how the news will blow things out of proportion. I'm sure there were a few reckless riders (wheelies, speeding, other stunting, and passing on the right), but I believe the cops are taking things to excess. I think unless they physically see you doing something reckless, leave them alone. If big groups are illegal, does that mean you can get a ticket if you are riding your motorcycle during rush hour traffic?

Yeah, I hear you. I've seen some police go rambo stupid before.

But then again, I've also seen some dickish riders who get the police called on them for being douchenozzles on the road, and then when the police show up (because they have to), you get this out-of-control BS.

I'm not saying either of them are right, I'm just saying it happens. And it never looks good when you take off running through the grass and up a one-way street. lol...

Oh, and I hate when motorcycle clubs give themselves names like "The Streetfighterz". Especially when they use z's instead of s's.

If I started an MC club, I would name them something like "The Friendly Unicorns". It would keep the cops off my ***.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ride of the century 2013