Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The Reuslts are In

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Reuslts are In

Well awhile back i seemed to have the worst luck a person could have and wound up getting 2 speeding tickets in less than a week.

On a Wednesday got nabbed 69/40 by an unmarked right behind me..sneeeky.I was kinda bummed but weatherd the storm and kept on trucking.Well as fate would have it i found my self on the recieving end of a ticket that very same sunday only 4 days later...74/40..

I was a lil worried but i made it thru the summer after having a bad week and survived.Well since the tickets were in different counties i was in not so bad shape..I paid the 69/40 for 110 bux and took a 4hr online traffic saftey course and got a lawyer for the 74/40.

My lawyer actually knew the prosecutor for the other ticket and had been continuing the case against me unti li had completed the 69/40 saftey school...

Well today i stood before the judge and he and the prosecutor must have conspired against me while i wasnt lookin... 250 dollar fine,120 days supervision and 8 hr Saturday traffic school....not bad until they added court costs....498 dollars grand total...

i guess i get what i deserved and i should of been arrested...technically...but WOW... end rant here..

Old 12-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Default RE: The Reuslts are In

yeah i just got a C&I and apperead in court last week. They said i was going 65 in a 30, bull$hit cop wouldnt show me the radar, and said i was weaving in and out of traffic. didnt know making 1 lane change was weaving in and out of traffic but what can you do. Douche a$$ prosecutor acted like he was there when it happened and was a dick about everything. Came out to being $272, not near as bad as you but everyone seems to have been there.

Just makes you want to go ride on a track even more doesn't it.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: rancidf4i

yeah i just got a C&I and apperead in court last week. They said i was going 65 in a 30, bull$hit cop wouldnt show me the radar, and said i was weaving in and out of traffic. didnt know making 1 lane change was weaving in and out of traffic but what can you do. Douche a$$ prosecutor acted like he was there when it happened and was a dick about everything. Came out to being $272, not near as bad as you but everyone seems to have been there.

Just makes you want to go ride on a track even more doesn't it.

That sucks. But what makes you think a cop has to show you the radar. They don't have to show you.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:19 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

^^^ i have always been under the belief that if a cop says that he clocke dyou on radar and you ask to see proof he must show you... maybe its just a cali thing iono ill ask a chp next time i see them, hopefully wont be that soon haha (knock on wood)

Old 12-12-2006, 09:03 PM

WOW you guys get cheap speeding tickets! in Maine i got a ticket going 82/65 for $200, and my roomate got the same for 41/25. Court costs do add up tho...although ive never had to go that far.
________
Starcraft Replay

Last edited by Brandon77; 04-09-2011 at 04:05 AM.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:25 PM

ORIGINAL: havoc_on_2_wheels

^^^ i have always been under the belief that if a cop says that he clocke dyou on radar and you ask to see proof he must show you... maybe its just a cali thing iono ill ask a chp next time i see them, hopefully wont be that soon haha (knock on wood)
This is true, they MUST show you if you ask. If they do not then they have nothing if you go to court.

MDFF

Old 12-13-2006, 03:12 AM

Thats cheap. In texas, it starts at 2 bills. A quick BS story, was in my truck, a big lifted dodge crew-cab, limo tink all way around with an 18in brow of the same tint, nice looking truck, and at this intersection, I turn left to go into a gas station and a trooper pulls out from the right and circles behind me and hits the lights. I pull into the gas station, and he comes up and tells me I can't have a plate holder that partially blocks Texas on the plate....I don't know what moron couldn't tell it was a texas plate, but oh well, then he asks about my tint and where I got the truck inspected. I said the truck came with the inspection sticker as it was pretty new to me. So he doesn't have his tint gauge but writes me a ticket for the brow comming down lower than the ASi 4in mark. As hes writting me the ticket, jeb clampet and his crew roll by in some POS buik, three shades of primer, no inspection, no registration stickers, kids playing on the dash and mom holding a baby in the front seat! He just smiles and waves and keeps writting me the ticket. Well, the ticket falls under equipment failure, and it was 275.00 I saw the price list on the back of the ticket....and unrestrained child under the age of 4 is 110.00! So...it's ok for junior to exit the front windshield at a high rate of speed, but ohhhh ****, don't be cruisin around with dark windows,,no, no no Wheres thier damn priorities you wonder.....ok, sorry, rant off

Old 12-13-2006, 12:24 PM

damn...the same thing happened to my roomate where he got pulled over and cited for illegal headlights, taillights, tint, exhaust, and inspection sticker, totaling $750..way to ruin a day [:@]
________
Best Cheap Vaporizer

Last edited by Brandon77; 04-09-2011 at 04:06 AM.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:10 PM

I got a ticket a few years ago in my F-150. When the cop flaged me to pull over he said he got me doing 38/25 @ 403 feet away which pissed me off because at that distance its still 35mph. So I asked the cop if I could see the reading on the gun (I also heard that they must show you if requested) and he just pointed to the gun sitting on the hood of his car. Then I asked him "I thought I could request to see the reading." Then he said "You can ask to see it but I dont have to show you." He was a real big @$%^. So to make a long story short, I took it to court. The judge being a complete idiot could not understatnd what I was trying to tell him (being in a 35 when I was taged) and he told me that the cop does NOT have to show me the reading.