Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Research Paper

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Research Paper

Ok, well in english we were given the assignment to right a research paper on a topic. The topic must be apporoved by the teacher. Well I started with Teen Drunk driving and quickly found that was not something I am interested in. So now Im on Behavior Modification wich is interesting to me. However, I just cant fin any good internet sources to find information.

My question. Can you guys help me come up with a good paper idea? Maybe something to do with bikes. Cant be to broad and cant be something that is just too ridiculous to right about.

Thanks~

Old 01-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Default RE: Research Paper

What i did way back when i found that hate crimes was an awesome topic and an abundance of info online and in the library. you can do it on different aspects such as race sexual preference and so on. Really good topic and you will learn a lot! Good luck man.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:59 AM

I did a research paper over vehicle inspections and why it needs to come back in oklahoma, but good infomation on that on any state.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:16 PM

Most people write with their right hand unless they are performing a sacred rite.

LOL just food for thought

Old 01-24-2008, 12:26 PM

Anytimewhen I was having a hard time coming up with a good topic for a research paper I would just look up good debate topics. A really good place to start is a website called idebate.org Look through their database of debate topics for ideas or search it for something your interested in. They even include links to websites for information on the topic giving you lots of available info. If all else fails I can sell you a one of my old research papers, I have atleast a 12 to choose from...just kidding.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:32 PM

How long does the paper need to be? ... MLA, Chicago, APA style ? I've done a broad selection of research topics in my time but of varying lengths.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:52 PM

Damn, Thanks for all the fast replies guys. I just sat down in govt. Good Ideas you guys are having Ill look into the debate site and try to find something.

Anyways. After talking with my english teacher, She has given me an extension on the due dates for The Topic, Source cards and thesis. On monday I must turn in all of these at the same time.

Crash, Everything is in MLA. Not really sure how long it must be, But Im thinking to make it good it should be around 3-4 pages.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:16 PM

I always wrote about gun control and it's evils. But if you want to do something about bikes, how about research on the dangers/non-dangers of lane splitting?

Old 01-24-2008, 01:30 PM

I've always like to do something on leading edge technology. That way I could explain about the predessors(sp), the technology item itself, then future items that might replace it. I also research a career topic that I was interest in and interviewed a couple people for sources. Another topic I can remember was the impacts the motor vehicle had on the united states from 19XX - 2005.

Quick Reply: Research Paper