Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rent Money on time please?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 09:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rent Money on time please?

Okay so my dad owns this house and 2 of my buddies and I live there. We pay my dad rent and I hate to be late because im so close with my dad I just dont want to seem like a stingy bastard not giving him his money ontime, but its hard to get my roommates to cough the money up on time. I am really getting sick of it and I dont know what else to do. I shouldnt have to continually ask my friends for their money and i hate that i even have to ask. Is there anytime of system or anything I could do to try and improve the situation?

Old 11-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Default RE: Rent Money on time please?

Have your dad be the bad guy. That way, if they don't pay on time, they don't give you **** for getting on their case. If they don't pay on time, he should call and give them hell. Stay out of it. In fact, play good cop, bad cop. When your dad calls, act like he's being a dick.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:38 AM

thats a very good idea madgreek thank you. Ill just start making him send an invoice or something to the house so they have to deal with it on their own

Old 11-19-2008, 09:39 AM

Tough situation with money/family & friends
only thing i can suggest is having a "house meeting" and letting them know the way you feel and that chasing down the money every month is unexceptable

Old 11-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm.. i think your friends are some what disrespectful. no offence.. if i was renting off a familly memeber or friend, id be paying a few days in advance. being your dads house your probably even getting a bit of a deal? I have a basement apartment in my house that i rent out. the extra money is good, but its such a pain in the ***..
I agree just get your dad to play the bad guy. tell them rent is due on the 1st and if he doesnt have it, they'll have to find another place to live...

Old 11-19-2008, 09:58 AM

^^ No offense taken, and I completely agree. I think thats making it irritate me even more. I have been friends with these guys forever and they are getting a good deal living in this house being that my dad owns it. I can't believe the ignorance and disrespect.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:18 AM

Throw their shoes out in the snow (or generally flung from thenearest door)everyday they are late to pay. Shouldnt **** them off too bad, and it will annoy them in a way that annoys you but comical.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:25 AM

Sit them down and tell them when the rent is due. You aren't their freakin mother and shouldn't have to remind them of their obligations.

If that bothers or offends them then get new friends/roommates.

This is easy.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:26 AM

The holy passion of Friendship is of so sweet and steady and loyal and enduring a nature that it will last through a whole life - time, if not asked to lend money.
- Mark Twain

My dad is a landlord and it is an incredible hassle to get people to pay on time. He posts dated invoice on their door after about a week. Whenever he gets a chance to talk to one of them, he just says get paid up or get a new place to live. It's really not your job to do the landlords legwork.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:40 AM

if they dont pay upyou could butter the floor......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTd4eXQUDkU

Quick Reply: Rent Money on time please?