Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Remember we aren't invincible

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CSXfan
Sad stories but one of the quotes in the first article really bugs me. "He was definitely speeding, you could hear the engine going."

...you can't hear speed. I've been pulled over once and even had a lady jump infront of my bike because she could "hear" how fast I was going. In both cases I was going well under the speed limit, I was just in a low gear. (end rant)

Stay safe out there.
I ask those people if they have some sort of sonar sensor they're using, and if they're adjusting for the doppler effect. Then I make sure I drive by their house @ 7krpm in 1st gear from there on out.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I, like any other normal person, probably take a bit more of a risk than needed but I'm not completely retarded like some people on their bikes. I stopped at a red light, filtered to the front and just sat there. Then out of nowhere this guy on a blue bike shoots through red light and takes a left. It was an blind intersection (buildings all around) mind you. When I stopped the light had only just gone red so he was in a really good position to get swiped. The intersection is quite small so an accelerating car (from a dead stop) wouldn't have gone that fast but if the light had changed to green whilst cars approached it, they would have gone at least 30. 30 is enough to get seriously hurt!

The reason some cagers try to push me off the road is probably because of that kind of biker.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As everyone has said, know your limits and use some common sense.

Raleigh motorcyclist killed in high-speed wreck :: WRAL.com

Raleigh, N.C. — A Raleigh man died when his motorcycle crashed at nearly 100 miles per hour on a downtown road Wednesday evening, according to the wreck report prepared by police.

Richard Jerrod McNeil, 35, was driving a 2005 Kawasaki motorcycle at 106 mph down State Street, between Bragg and Peterson streets, around 7:15 p.m., the report states. As the motorcycle came to the top of the hill, McNeil locked up the brakes, causing the bike to skid and strike the curb.

McNeil was ejected, struck a mailbox and ended up lying in the opposite lane, according to the report. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The bike traveled another 300 feet after impact before it struck an air conditioning unit and came to a stop.

The motorcycle left tire impressions for about 300 feet before hitting the curb at 95 mph, the report states. The speed limit on State Street is 35 mph.