Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Remember we aren't invincible

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Remember we aren't invincible

http://www.therecord.com/news/local/...itchener-crash

TheRecord - Motorcyclist killed in Waterloo crash, 90 minutes...

This happened in my city yesterday 2 dead riders in just over an hour.
I feel bad but both were the riders stupidity (RIP)
I drove by the first one as the ambulance was arriving and didn't even see the bike because it flipped over top of the truck and was on the opposite side from me.
Stay safe and know your limit guys!!

Last edited by jeffjones; 05-06-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:46 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sucks bro but it happens..

Theres moto crashes and deaths every single week in my state... gotta defensive drive there's a holes out there...

And yes, knowing your limits helps

Old 05-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lotta guys ride stupid down my street. The intersection is a major transit route and the beginning of UPenn's campus so they're showing off for the younger flesh that's impressed by that.

I find it funny in a sad kind of way. I hear them coming and look up, usually watch them flash by at 50+ on a street with a half blind intersection (because of parked cars) and trolley tracks. But there's the old saying:

Young, dumb and full of... ya know the rest.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:18 PM

Too bad.....two weeks ago here a guy didn't want to leave his bike at the bar (drinking) late at night so he took his girl on the back through a subdivision, missed a turn and hit a 4x4 post! Killed himself and severely injured the girl. My wife worked with the guy said he seemed like a really nice guy. We found out later that he was unlicensed, not insured and the plate on the bike was stolen! Now you know why he didn't want to leave the bike at the bar!! Very unfortunate!

Old 05-06-2011, 11:31 PM

This is sad. I wish they would add what gear these people were wearing. Full face, half, no helmet, i wanna know.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:18 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month

So they estimated the 1st guys speed at 140km/hr in a Max 50km/hr zone.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:15 AM

Deputies Investigate Fatal Motorcycle Accident

this just happened by me yesterday. guy took a turn too hot and crossed the line and clipped the back of a car that was passing in the other direction. says he was wearing a helmet but damn i hate seeing stuff like this where it seems to be avoidable and not just a freak accident. Especially this where it wasnt a head on or tbone.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:39 AM

Always sad to read these but as often said KNOW YOUR LIMITS, situational awareness, and everyone knows the drill.

Sadly we have a few groups around here and they usually lose 1 member a year because of pure psychotic BS, running from cops at 150+ and eventually crashing.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by CTcbr929
It sucks bro but it happens..

Theres moto crashes and deaths every single week in my state... gotta defensive drive there's a holes out there...

And yes, knowing your limits helps
+1, I was exploring some new roads yesterday and there were a couple of signs that said "watch for turning vehicles" and "hidden entrance" where little side roads connected to the road I was on (in a heavily wooded area). I made sure to keep my speed down in those turns and sure enough, on two separate occasions cars tried to turn out in front of me. If I had been railing through those areas I would have almost certainly hit one of the cars or had a very close call.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:21 AM

Sad stories but one of the quotes in the first article really bugs me. "He was definitely speeding, you could hear the engine going."

...you can't hear speed. I've been pulled over once and even had a lady jump infront of my bike because she could "hear" how fast I was going. In both cases I was going well under the speed limit, I was just in a low gear. (end rant)

Stay safe out there.

Quick Reply: Remember we aren't invincible