Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Reason Why Others Don't Wave

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 03:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reason Why Others Don't Wave

ORIGINAL: CBR76

I would say that 80% or so of the riders I pass wave. I will admit that I wont wave to Harley riders first because if its not returned itll just irritate me.

A few months ago I demo'd an MV Agusta F4 1000S and nobody waved. They all just openly stared or stared out of the corner of their eyes while pretending not to. At one stoplight a little boy was standing with his mother, eyes wide open, with the biggest smile on his face. I gave the engine a little rev and he just lit up and started jumping up and down. Its the little things like that make riding that much more enjoyable.
I love kids. When I'm riding around in a neighborhood and there are kids playing in a yard, they always run towards the curb pointing and waving. That's a fair trade off in my opinion versus the harley riders.

On another note... I was riding down a busy road this weekend, just getting off the interstate, and these two blonde hotties (Can I say that?) in a white vette (c5) convertible start gesturing and yelling to get my attention. At the next light, they pull up next to me and start asking me for all sorts of arbitrary directions, giggling the whole time. Yeah, Screw you H-D.

Old 10-02-2006, 08:48 PM
Banned

Sometimes I don't wave because I can't tell if the other guy is on a big scooter or not until it's too late... I hate waving at scooters. The other thing is vette drivers wave and some S2000 drivers, I have started waving at the wrong vehicles because I forget what I am driving. So if some old guy waves at you from an Accord, don't think he is a mental patient, just remember that I may be operating from habit.

Old 10-03-2006, 12:38 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Sometimes I don't wave because I can't tell if the other guy is on a big scooter or not until it's too late
Yeah, I hate that. I get all excited to see what the bike is, and it turns out to be a 28 year old guy on a scooter on his way to return a library book that his mother checked out. When scooter guy grows up, he will buy a mini-van.

Old 10-07-2006, 07:30 PM

lol good thread.I live in tampa florida and it seems like every 1 waves here on all bikes.My 11 year old rides out with me alot now and it gets him going waving back at people lol.On another hand I had some dumb kids in a car beside me at a light asking me to wheelie it.I looked at him and said are you kiiding.He laughed and said why not? Um I have a kid on the back is that good enough?? man I hate stupid people

Old 10-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Retired Moderator

I went to see my wife and have dinner at her pub tonight. When I went out front to suit up and get ready to go, a scooter guy waved at me as he was going to pass. I wasn't sure what to do so I just gave him a head nod...Welcome to the club, that's a bad *** hog you got there! I just had to laugh, because I remembered this thread. He was pleased as punch...bless his heart!