Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Reason Why Others Don't Wave

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 01:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reason Why Others Don't Wave

I usually can tell if the rider is new or not by if the rider waves or not. New riders are so afraid to take there hands off the bar, I pass off anyone who doesn't wave as a newbie rider and then it doesn't get to me that much.

Old 09-28-2006, 04:21 PM
VP

all the time, and they always wave back. have to remember, they are on 2 wheels for a reason. Here, motorcycle cops have to ride their own bikes.
True that man, I'm not trying to be disrepectful or anything but they're still the enemy sometimes.

I usually can tell if the rider is new or not by if the rider waves or not. New riders are so afraid to take there hands off the bar, I pass off anyone who doesn't wave as a newbie rider and then it doesn't get to me that much.
That's a good point I remember being nervous when I first started. One time I waved at a guy on the highway by taking my right hand off the handlebar... genius huh? I slowed down real fast then when I realized what I had done I sped up to like 150 just to show I wasn't a total tool. I probably still looked it though.

Old 09-28-2006, 04:57 PM

Here I was only five minutes ago pulling into the designated motercycle spots here at South Dakota State University, when a Harley approaching from the other direction begins to slow to park as well. I politely wave, and he purposely looked at me then looked the other way. Me being the nice guy that I am, I had finally had enough, it wasnt so much that he was a Harley rider that pissed me off, it was the fact he was in uniform as an ROTC student. I waited for him to take his cute little black helmet off, and then told him he was not only a ********, but also a disgrace to the US army for being such an unsociable bastard.

Old 09-28-2006, 07:11 PM

I feel that if your cruising on 2 wheels you are part of the motorcycle culture like or not. Its just flat different than anything else.So "Why can'nt we all just get along" Had to throw that in here.

In my experience I ride three very different style bikes. Its amazing that on my chopper everyone waves. I mean everyone even old ladies in corrollas. On my Katana some do some don't. On my CBR most wave even Harley rider at least around here not so much on the east coast ; different attitude. I have adopted a practice when on Honda or Suzuki and Harley guys dont wave back. I send them the one finger salute. I have been caught at gas station and asked about this practice and I explain my gripe w/who ever wants to know. No trouble yet!

On another note about Chopper guys not waving back due to poor steering geometry. NOT SO provided its built right. Most are very nuetral steering and track excellent. They dont turn sharp but thats not what they are built for.

Old 09-28-2006, 10:07 PM
Retired Moderator

Telgren, that was killing me about the "unsociable bastard" part of your story. I actually laughed out loud...thanks.

Old 09-29-2006, 04:13 AM

great post.......[sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 09-29-2006, 05:30 PM

great thread......

Old 09-29-2006, 11:25 PM

Tooo Funny

Barely any cruiser riders wave at me especially HD riders. I even had one tell me that he would wave but only because he knew me. Other sportbikes he just passes by. A guy I ride with has a Buell and most HD guys are either to dumb (sorry) or to stuck up and won't even wave at him because it's a sport bike (albeit not a real one--HAHA). For me I'll wave at almost anyone as long as you are riding (but sorry not kids on those stupid mopeds)

Old 09-30-2006, 01:03 AM

my friend made the ultimate noobin mistake. he bought a harley and was riding on the highway and saw a group going the other way and they waved and when he went to wave back instead of low and to the side he went up high like you are waving to get someones attention and almost got ripped off the bike. Funny, but scared the crap out of him.

Old 10-01-2006, 10:46 AM

I would say that 80% or so of the riders I pass wave. I will admit that I wont wave to Harley riders first because if its not returned itll just irritate me.

A few months ago I demo'd an MV Agusta F4 1000S and nobody waved. They all just openly stared or stared out of the corner of their eyes while pretending not to. At one stoplight a little boy was standing with his mother, eyes wide open, with the biggest smile on his face. I gave the engine a little rev and he just lit up and started jumping up and down. Its the little things like that make riding that much more enjoyable.

Quick Reply: Reason Why Others Don't Wave