Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Reason Why Others Don't Wave

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reason Why Others Don't Wave

i liked the bmw one about your bike not looking weird enough, for the record here in virginia just about everyone waves no matter what bike your riding.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:44 PM
Retired Moderator

I get 80% or better here in Grants Pass, Oregon, but we have a population of about 30K, so there is a small town mentality, I guess. I went riding yesterday for the first time in about a month (she was broken and waiting for parts), and I got waived at every time. I love it! It gives me a sense of community...am I going to get crushed by a huge Milwaukee's Best beer can, now?

Old 09-27-2006, 10:53 PM

Its always the HD riders around here that don't wave, theres one guy from "Big Bear Choppers" that rides a custom louder than **** bike and he never waves thinks he's the hottest thing on the road cuz he's riding a $30.000+ bike and wearing a $2.00 tupper ware hat, other sport riders and the like always wave

Old 09-27-2006, 10:55 PM

i waved to a guy on a Harley today and he looked like a deer in headlights until he was about to pass and then just as he passed, almost too far for me to see, he waved. Strange...

Old 09-28-2006, 12:38 AM

ORIGINAL: HondaKidF1

i waved to a guy on a Harley today and he looked like a deer in headlights until he was about to pass and then just as he passed, almost too far for me to see, he waved. Strange...
Sure there wasnt a bug flying in front of him that he wanted to swat away? Otherwise that is way strange...

Old 09-28-2006, 01:04 AM

haha, I can't be totally sure of that, but if not it was way strange.

Old 09-28-2006, 04:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the lists!!!!!!!! I needed that !!!!!! Wanna have fun???? wave at the moped /scooter people ... they almost fall off, there so suprised !!!!!!! Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 09-28-2006, 12:12 PM
VP

Do you guys wave at motorcycle cops? I do, but then afterwards I'm always like "why did I do that?" I know we've got some cops on this forum, so don't take any disrespect I'm just sayin'.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

Do you guys wave at motorcycle cops? I do, but then afterwards I'm always like "why did I do that?" I know we've got some cops on this forum, so don't take any disrespect I'm just sayin'.
all the time, and they always wave back. have to remember, they are on 2 wheels for a reason. Here, motorcycle cops have to ride their own bikes.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:02 PM

I love waving to moped/scooter riders, they always get so excited about it. In my town, I'd say I get a 30% response from all riders. There aren't many CBRs around either... I think I've seen one 600RR and one 1000RR. Then again, there's a new Repsol in town, I passed him the other day in my Camel gear. He didn't wave back. Maybe he's taking the whole Rossi/Hayden thing too personal.

Quick Reply: Reason Why Others Don't Wave