Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Is this a reason ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 07:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is this a reason ...

...why Iraqi troops hasn't take over their own security?

Iraqi Training:

Jumping Jacks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfSwS4OO51w

Push Ups
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ThUxg1hrrU

Old 01-31-2008, 09:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is this a reason ...

Exactly. I can run full out for about 1.5 miles and do a lot of push ups/sit ups/calisthenics. They look like they are smoking the hookah too often. Where did they find these people?

Old 01-31-2008, 09:09 AM

That is some funny stuff....

Old 01-31-2008, 09:59 AM
Banned

Is there a reason why we don't just scour the earth clean in the middle east? Really, just scrape it down to bare earth and repopulate it with american oil workers. I don't get it. If this were 2000 years ago and the Romans faced a culture like this, it would not even be an issue. I weep for my country, we really are throwing away an opportunity..

Old 01-31-2008, 10:17 AM

I just spent the last 4 months in that region of the world and I can honestly say that it is in their culture. I was in Kuwait working with Kuwaiti military and they are as lazy as they come. I did my part to help bring them up to speed on defending their base. I helped show them how to search a vehicle, search and cuff someone, clear a building, move as a fire team and several other things as well. I can honestly say that I have seen them hold a M4 and M16 sideways like a gangsta, funny but wrong. I have also seen put the muzel out under their arm firing backwards. They really have no clue sometimes. Give them some credit at least they are trying. It maybe not what we are use to seeing but at least it is an attempt.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:48 AM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Is there a reason why we don't just scour the earth clean in the middle east? Really, just scrape it down to bare earth and repopulate it with american oil workers. I don't get it. If this were 2000 years ago and the Romans faced a culture like this, it would not even be an issue. I weep for my country, we really are throwing away an opportunity..
Probably the same reason that they don't scour the earth clean of US citizens so they can repopulate here.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:02 AM
Banned

Probably the same reason that they don't scour the earth clean of US citizens so they can repopulate here.
Oh no mr. Woo....

Our Military is themost effectivegroup of soldiers the world has ever seen. Afganastan, a country never conquered was overrun in a few months, the russians took 13 years and gave up. I say turnour boys loose, let them figure out a way to get the job done, financiallycompensate every soldier very, very, well for their efforts todayandfor the years of being held back and put in dumb places to fight and dieby our politicians.Give every veteran a oil profit sharing plan, every new verteran a small plot of land to pump oil from so they can live like kings for a while and afford the best healthcare and a few racehorses.

Turn the Red Sea into a giant Club Med. Pump the oil out until the earth caves in, use all that sand to replenish the beaches in Florida, and make the Pyramids and all that crap into a Disney property.

I think I need my meds.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:16 AM

ORIGINAL: woo545

nope, very different reasons. We don't because of some moral obligation we think we have to the rest of the world because they are people to. (that or deep down the people in charge relized a long time ago that you can NOT conquer the world by force, it just wont work)

they don't scour the US because they physically can not do it, they would if they could, all they can manage is blowing up a few buildings and interupting americans peace starbucks lives. (which they are very good at)

anyways, my geuss at why Iraqi soldiers are so lazy and incompotent is because the real die hard Iraqis either died while trying to defend there country, or are still fighting you, and what they got in there army now are the left overs. I have never been there so i could be wrong, but thats my geuss.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:35 AM
Friend and Hero ...

We were asked to stay off of this subject, but since that seems to be impossible. Here's a question. How many push-ups, could you do if you were totally out of shape and had no formal training how many jumping jacks, could you do, do you have any true knowledge of what level of training thatthey are at is this day one or 100. Are these supposedly season members of their military or raw recruits who were brave enough to stand up and answer the call for their own country. Are these fake videos like this one Lcpl Martin ceased all the sh^t on with truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vFx0...eature=related

Also answer your other thread, freedom fighters pick and choose which response you prefer

Old 01-31-2008, 11:36 AM

Oh no mr. Woo....

Our Military is themost effectivegroup of soldiers the world has ever seen. Afganastan, a country never conquered was overrun in a few months, the russians took 13 years and gave up.

Obviously some or a lot of what you said is in jest. I'm really not qualified to expand more on this subject, but didn't Afganastan have the backing of the U.S. at least in terms of hardware to fight against the expansion of "communism?"

Quick Reply: Is this a reason ...