Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rear Ended by bike hating cop

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rear Ended by bike hating cop

I agree about lodging a complaint, being an "Ex" Public servant, I know that **** rolls down hill. So just don't write to the one authority, send one letter to your local representive state, send one to your Federal rep, send another to head of the cops & one to local cop shop, mayor, one to local paper.(I'm not totally sure of wot others you can send them to over there, but something along the lines of "Citizens rights" type of org ) & maybe contact any bike clubs in your area, this turkey has probably popped up on their radar & they may be able to give you some usefull information & maybe support. On the letters, put the addresses of all the others that your sending them to (very important). Set it out factually, don't go in to whinge mode, but give a brief reason for your complaint. The second thing you can do, but it will cost you money (thats if its the same there as in Australia) is to opt to not pay the fine & have your day in court, but like I said it can get expensive.
At the very least, by writing letters of complaint, your bringing the attention of this **** to those that matter, so that, if (& when) this guy does it again, others will/may complain, and it may !!!?? make those in charge do something about it.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pace is right... Nothing cops hate more than being in the paper for something bad.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So who thinks I should go to the news?

Every year at the beginning of the season I hear about a sensational motorcycle fatality in the news, and guess who's always involved:
PG COUNTY POLICE.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:15 PM

...and we have found a bad apple. Sorry to hear about your story. All in all, if his name is really illedgable then they cant really keep the citations on you, but I would file a complaint immediately and don't pay any of the tickets.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Retired Moderator

Sorry about your situation man and that you ran into one of the few bad apples. I used to read these type stories and think to myself, there's no way that could happen unless you brought it upon yourself with some type of attitude but then I read stories like yours backed up by evidence like the one on the following link and changed my mind that it really does happen once in a while. Those tapes are erased in a certain period, so as mentioned, file a.s.a.p. while it still may be on tape.

Unbelievable Caught on Camera Lying

Story Behind the Video

Old 10-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

WOW! Reminds me of when I was given a ticket for lack of seat belt use in New Orleans. I was on my Katana at the time and he did it just to **** me off.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:37 PM

I would totally file a complaint with his superiors and stick to it. There's got to be some way to track the guy down from his tickets... since he's supposed to show up in court with you anyways. So you should have all the proof you need in your hands. Hell, if someone's telling me to shell out over $500 of my own money for bogus stuff I didn't do, not counting damages to my bike that the a$$hat may have done when he hit the thing... oh man, I'd be on somebody like white on rice till my charges got dropped and anything damaged on my bike was fixed. I say stick to his superiors, and if nothing will get done, go to the news.

Oh, and yeah, too bad you didn't go for the camara. Should have taken pictures of your bike on the ground with his car there almost on top of it, take pictures of his car number, and him if you could have. That'd cement your case for sure. Camaras are used against most all of the public every day, but the public forgets that the camara can be used in their favor as well!

Old 10-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Banned

I hope that cop gets f**king bone cancer. All cops don't suck, but for some reason they all seem like they do.

He actually ran into you? See if he has a car camera with that on film then find some Jew lawyer and sue the **** out of him personally as well as the department. Hopefully you'll win and get enough cash to figure out a way to REALLY ruin his life.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The lawyer I talked to is doing some research, but he says he thinks PG County cops have tort immunity.

PG County cops SUCK.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Banned

PG County cops have tort immunity
YOU CAN SUE ANYBODY!!!! This is America. If he acted with malice you should be able to hurt him bad. Remember, he will get a jury trial. A jury made up of YOUR peers. Your peers hate cops, he will get f**ked up.

Quick Reply: Rear Ended by bike hating cop