Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

really dumb question

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 03:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: really dumb question

i hardly ever wear shorts, i usually go in jeans, boots/tennies, leather jacket or mesh jacket, depending how hot, but for those "somebody kill me" hot *** days, i have been known to wear jeans and a tshirt, but always gloves. i wear my full leathers and riding boots if im riding agressive,and oh yea, always a helmet[sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 06-12-2007, 04:03 AM

ORIGINAL: Mad

I have never wore shorts but to each is own. I am starting to feel uncomfortable with just jeans and my leather jacket. I am looking at getting some of those kevlar pants or maybe under pant armor.

Got the "hidden" armor...good stuff. Kevlar pants are on back-order. Can't wait to get 'em.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:14 AM

Wear shorts when I ride my bicycle

Old 06-12-2007, 11:26 AM

I wear shorts fairly often when I ride even though I know it isn't the best thing to do. But I always have my helmet on and gloves. Depends on the weather. But lately I have even been wearing jeans in the heat as I think back to an accident I had more than 20 years ago where my entire body was rashed for about 2 weeks. All comes down to choice.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do this: Run down the street as fast as you can with shorts on, then do a slide like you would going into home plate.

See how that feels, then imaging what it would be like at 60mph.

Riding in shorts is dumber than hell. It does not matter if it's your fault, or someone else's fault. If you hit the ground, asphalt does not discriminate.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:07 PM

People can do/ride in what they want. It doesnt' take a genius to know that if you hit the black belt-sander at high speed that you're going to get torn up pretty badly.

Ultimately, you're going to do what you want to. Just know what could potentially happen and be ready to deal with the consequences should you happen to go down.

I don't have the money yet for a pair of riding pants, but I always wear at least jeans (not much better) and always wear a helmet, mesh armored jacket, gloves and shoes (normally my steel toe work shoes) everytime I ride. Though, I've only been riding for about 2 weeks so far for what it's worth.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:14 PM

I try not to,but i've worn shorts before.
When everybody says "Its dumb as hell!,its gonna hurt! blah blah blah!"they're just repeating what the guy 2-3 posts earlier said...shorts on a bike is common sense not a good idea...
We all know its bad,some do it,some dont. Its just how much risk you want to deal with...
Remember...getting on the bike in the first place probably isnt the smartest thing we've ever done..so TRY to stay safe while you do it...

Old 06-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: meanstrk

Do this: Run down the street as fast as you can with shorts on, then do a slide like you would going into home plate.

See how that feels, then imaging what it would be like at 60mph.
+1, and the comment about the risk of infection from road rash, which requires the nurses to scrub your wounds open to clean them out.

I wear overpants over my shorts. They have full-length side zippers, and I'll zip them down from the top a little to get some ventilation.. It can get pretty hot if I'm sitting in traffic or moving real slow, but then when I get where I'm going, I take off the overpants and boots, and I'm rocking my shorts and the sandals I carry in my pack.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:19 PM
TEN

Didn't Voodoo oncerefer topeople that rode with shorts only as "Skin Crayons"?

Old 06-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i want to wear shorts but wife won't let me...cause the only shorts i have are runner's shorts, nutters and tights...wife says they all reveal too much about me...

Quick Reply: really dumb question