Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

really dumb question

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 01:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default really dumb question

hopefully i wont get made fun of too much for this question, but whats everyones opinion on wearing shorts while riding? its getting extremely hot with pants, i usually ride to work, and i can wear shorts there, but i usually just wear my pants since i ride to work. I guess i could take shorts to change into, but i was just wondering if it is ok to wear shorts? i know that pants protect more, but just a dumb question. thanks for your opinions!

Old 06-12-2007, 01:23 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: really dumb question

personally i hate the feeling and its so easy to get burned none the less if you were to go down you would have such a higher risk of getting hurt. id suggest (like u stated) bring a pair with you to work and change there.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:23 AM

at the end of the day its personal choice...i prefer to be geared up and change when i get where i am going. I kinda like the skin on my skinny legs just the way it is

Old 06-12-2007, 01:25 AM

i have worn shorts all of6 times on a bike... short distance city riding...twice on freeeway, i try to wear pants, but than sometimes i hear things like jeans wont help if you eat it anyway... i dont really like wearing shorts, because they come up really high, even at slow speeds.... my white legs dont look too hot.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:31 AM

yea, my white legs don't look so great either, but i still wear shorts sometimes. *helmet=99.999% and they're great (the shorts) if you can catch a nice breeze. but i've heard the same thing about the jeans not helping if you do go down.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:38 AM

i wore tank top, short, anda flip flops.. lol. got pulledover and got a ticket forriding a flip flops. Now i wear windbreaks on a hot day though.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:45 AM

The hot air from the vents kinda pisses me off once the bike gets going.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:52 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i cant wear shorts when riding (usually not anytime unless they are long shorts) my dr said i have some condition know as H.L.H . here is a picture of a fellow sufferer Name:  sightseeing.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  38.9 KB

H.L.H = Hung Like a Horse

Old 06-12-2007, 02:54 AM
Mad

I have never wore shorts but to each is own. I am starting to feel uncomfortable with just jeans and my leather jacket. I am looking at getting some of those kevlar pants or maybe under pant armor.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:15 AM

There is one guy for sure that will disagree with me. But there are no dumb questions. That being said...........It is really, really,dumb to wear shorts on a bike. Road rash can be horrific, infection can be deadly. Get a back-pac, then when you get to your destination put you riding gear in it and parrty naked. Thats cool...... Much cooler then road rash.

Quick Reply: really dumb question