Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Reality set in (wear your helmets)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Reality set in (wear your helmets)

ORIGINAL: BlindinOrange

I don't quite understand, why is it that we need to keep telling people???? I mean we see what happens all the time...if you need to be reminded to wear a helmet maybe you should not be riding.. I mean just stand up in your house go to the center of the room and let your body fall back. bet it will hurt. so if something that little hurts so much imagine doing the same this at driving speeds.... its not like any of us guys that wear gear have known some big secret. we just don't dig pain all that much.
Exactly.
Kinda like also telling people to not to drink and drive.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:19 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kinda like also telling people to not to drink and drive.
If drinking and driving is wrong, why do they put a parking lot next to the bar?????

hope im still riding some nice bikes when i get up there in age!
That hurt.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:58 AM

I thank God that I live in California and there is a helmet law. I do not think I could fathom seeing someone riding a motorcycle without their helmet. I would probably go off the deep end seeing how stupid humanity can be.

My helmet saved me from certain death ONE block from my house. Just to let everyone know, the local market is two blocks from my house. Wear your helmet even if you are going to the local market.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:35 AM
Retired Moderator

We BADLY need a helmet law here in NM. I would say that on any given day, I'm the only guy I see wearing a helmet. It's a sad thing when it's a rarity to see someone else riding with a helmet.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

We BADLY need a helmet law here in NM. I would say that on any given day, I'm the only guy I see wearing a helmet. It's a sad thing when it's a rarity to see someone else riding with a helmet.
same here in Idaho for me.. i do ride without a helmet around the neighborhood once in awhile but it's just stupid to not wear one 24/7. out of 8K miles on my bike, i think i've done 15miles with no helmet - it's pretty much from the CDA lake to Gym or something.

for the law, i think there shouldnt be a law. just my opinion but it should be a privilege for people that are responsible and just want to "cruise" around town for a bit - dangerous, yes. .but that's their choice. It's not like drunk driving, that can kill other people - wearing no helmet will not kill anyone except the person that took the risk. Do I think it's smart to not wear a helmet? hell no.. but once again, that's the rider's choice..

I hate to hear a guy is paralyzed in a wheelchair for the rest of his life because of a bike-ride, it really sends the reality of what could happen to you. I dont think any of us would want something like the love of riding taken away from something stupid like protection. plus leathers make you look buffer muhaha. A helmet might hide your face to the opposite sex but i would rather be able to go home and look at myself in the mirror thenlooklike a burned victim- chicks do dig scars but not on the face.

god bless- wear protection

Old 08-28-2007, 03:45 AM

helmet law should be enforced in every state. i don't understand why it isn't??

Old 08-28-2007, 05:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

+1...I'm 44, it hides my grey hair.
+1...I'm 36 and have no hair. Grey hair would be nice. Atleast I will never complain about helmet hair...

Old 08-28-2007, 05:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Vermino
wearing no helmet will not kill anyone except the person that took the risk. Do I think it's smart to not wear a helmet? hell no.. but once again, that's the rider's choice..
May not kill anyone, but I'm the one that has to pay the taxes for you when you can't work any longer and are then supported by the government. PA recently ditched their helmet law (you have to have your license for 2 yrs and be over the age of 18 I think). I agree that there should be a freedom of choice and if you want to kill yourself doing something stupid, that is your prerogative. I just don't want to pay for your stupidity. It's absurd to have a seatbelt law and not a helmet law.

So, I was talking to Harley owner last night. He got tossed years ago...flew like 15 ft in the air. Landed on his shoulder....scars all over, including the side of his head and ear. Got really lucky. He wears full gear now.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:53 AM

usually someone not wearing their helmet will be killed instantly, not many make it out alive..

I guess if you want to look at it tax wise - understandable.. i think everyone else in the world would be saying the same.. seems like everyone is looking out for #1.
(your never going to get away from taxes unless your working with the government.)

Old 08-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Banned

helmet law should be enforced in every state. i don't understand why it isn't??
ABATE. http://www.abate.org/

These people pay lobbyists to bribe politicians to come up with reasons why helmets should be optional.

Quick Reply: Reality set in (wear your helmets)