Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ready to sell?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ready to sell?

So I've got some potential buyers coming to look at my F3 over the next few days and I was trying to think of the things I needed to do to get her ready to show... Obviously I'll give her a bath and polish up all the shiny bits but... what else would you guys do to get a bike ready to sell?

Old 04-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure you have another one ready to ride for when that ones gone!

Old 04-22-2010, 12:17 PM

I'm workin on it! Looking at a few '06 636s and some 04+ RRs.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:26 PM

wax the bike and the tail light, mothers on the pipe(if its aluminum aftermarket). Chuckbear, i always ride the bike before they show up just to be sure all is warm and running well, that way you bearly press the button and she'll fire. good luck bro...

Old 04-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Clean the gun and forget to feed the dog if they're coming by and planning some funny stuff

Depending on your personality, you don't wanna misrepresent what they're buying. Minor stuff like clean the plugs, battery charged and full tank of new gas so she'll fire when you want. Have a telescoping mirror and flashlight availible. Increases your credibility by showing you want them to look everywhere (after you made sure its safe to look, of course ).

bambam, I purposely talked with the guy and inspected my F4i for about 45 minutes before hitting the starter. Wanted to see a cold start on purpose.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:33 PM

+1 on warming it up. You know how those things can be.

I just upgraded to an 07 600RR and its the most beautiful piece of work I've ever had the privledge of riding on. As much as it pains me to say it, it makes my F3 look and feel like a junk heap. I HIGHLY reccomend you look into one.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:40 PM

Also be honest(ish) about the bike, sure it's good karma, but it stops anyone trying knock off a few more $'s if the discover something wrong you didn't mention. Don't be over eager to part with it if their waving cash around but well under what you're anticipating getting. A lot of people fall for this as they get worried about turning down a sure sale & wonder maybe there won't be anyone else interested. Be careful of those taking the bike out for a test ride, check all their details 1st. Get someone to ring you on you're phone while the potential buyer is looking at it & so they can hear, say something like "Yeah, it's still for sale are you the same guy that rang a few minutes ago? no, you sound like him, see you soon............"

Good Luck

Old 04-22-2010, 09:13 PM

You got a listing somewhere? Girl is looking for a bike, I love my f3. Maybe I'll be one of the ones taking a look

Old 04-22-2010, 09:39 PM

Yea man, here's the link.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/mcy/1695198067.html

I've got someone coming to look on Sunday, so let me know if you want to check her out before it's gone!

I'm pretty firm at $2,700 as I'm in no rush to get rid of her, so keep that in mind.

Last edited by chuckbear; 04-22-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:43 PM

Thx for the info guys! I appreciate the tips and advice!

I've got her all waxed up, used cleaner wax on the shield and got it looking purdy darn good. Chain was cleaned and lubed fresh not a week ago. Polished up everything as shiny as it'll go. Now it's up to these sellers!

She'll be warm when the first guy comes tomorrow because I'm driving it to work with this BEAUTIFUL weather and considering it could be the last weekend with her.

Looking at a couple 05/06 RR's... getting antsy.. hehe

Quick Reply: Ready to sell?