Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

A Rant Goodbye

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Friend and Hero ...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Rant Goodbye

Man where to start I received a phone call about two hours ago telling me that I was to report first thing in the morning for deployment on a PSD operation a few of you guys know this most of you don't I have had a little bit of trouble with my knee recently and was told to take the week off and see an orthopedic but apparently certain recent events on the world scene has created a panic which translates into myself and others being well armed babysitters someplace other than the sandbox I have no idea where I'm headed I just know it's not the sandbox have no idea what the operation is beyond a PSD and I'm not trying to shun my responsibilities or backpedal my way out of my contract but the odds are I will not be here for Christmas and that is the part that **** me off I could care less where the work is what continent or hemisphere it is it just absolutely sucks I'm not going to be here for Christmas or be able to help with the things that I should because of work I was told today while on the phone to look at it like this could be saving someone's life Christmas morning and wouldn't that be a wonderful gift? yes it would be. But I'm a little bit under normal operating speed and in no shape to be pounding the pavement and in no shape to hump the sand or the jungle I'm going to be nothing but a slow moving target if I exit the vehicle but apparently my team leader knows my capabilities better than myself or the doctor
I'll be back in a few hours for some feedback if there is any I have not broke the news swt poet yet I'm waiting for the crowd to die down and leave but I had to vent my frustration somewhere first

Old 11-27-2008, 12:56 PM
RCR
Default RE: A Rant Goodbye

Be safe HC

Old 11-27-2008, 12:57 PM

Whatcha gonna do, just go out fullfill your obligations, do your best all that stuff. Sucks any way you slice it.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Im sorry to hear that HC. I wish there was something good to tell you, but i guess there isnt, and you know it too. I guess just be thankful that you were at least able to be home for Thanksgiving, i mean in your line of work, even thats gotta be a small blessing.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:58 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

wow bro... all i can say is that atleast they are getting our best.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:05 PM

HC: We are counting on you to get back safe...

Old 11-27-2008, 01:33 PM

Just be as safe as you can be in your line of work. Thanks for what you do brother

Old 11-27-2008, 02:17 PM

damn dude, good luck and be safe.

Old 11-27-2008, 02:50 PM

Hey bro, were ever you go man i hope you can stay as safe as you can and of course....god speed to you.

Quick Reply: A Rant Goodbye