Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

(Rant) Fecking coworkers

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010 | 08:25 PM
|
Default (Rant) Fecking coworkers

I'm not the most liked guy at the office. I honestly don't have the time or patience for most of their childish bullchit. Out of maybe 70 guys, there are 2 I call friend. And maybe another 6 or so I'd willingly associate with outside the office... occasionally

Since I've started riding up to work I've had to listen to bullchit comments and stories. I figured last year it was because it was new and prolly seemed outside my character to them. Which goes to show how well they don't know me. But again this year? I was the first person to pull a bike onto the lot this year, despite some fantastic days prior to me getting the F4i. Today it hit 80, not a cloud in the sky, nice breeze... And just my lone blue F4i on the lot. Oops... forgot the night rentacop whipped out a Harley from somewhere. Out of all the others, I have the most gear. And I'm always wearing it. So why am I treated like the dilettante?

"Biker boy!" Boy??? *********er I got 10 years on you!

"Did I ever tell you my brother's cousin's neice's granddaughter's best friend's father's neighbor had a friend who got cut in half at 267 mph on one of those things!" Dude, could you come up with someone more remotely related to you for a bullchit story?!?

"Does that jacket make you feel like a tough guy?" No, dumbass, it makes me feel confident that if I do go down, I'll be okay.

"Come on, show me what you got! Let's race!" If I were stupid enough to race anyone, why the hell would I race your weak *** stock 07 Impala?!? My F3 woulda tore you apart when it still had the mile wide flat spot!

I know some of the guys are jealous of my girlfriend. They've never had a girl that'd buy dinner for the two of them. Let alone a girl that would buy them a motorcycle. But this chit is getting archaic like yesterday.

Ok, feeling better now

Old 04-30-2010 | 11:02 PM

Biker boy? And does that jacket make you feel like a tough guy? Sounds like they're flirting with you.

Old 05-01-2010 | 12:33 AM

Our shops kind of a wierd deal cause you get the younger crowd on the sport bikes, the old timers riding they're harleys and the office guys on the touring bmw's and "fake" harleys, keep in mind i work at a trailer shop. I keep gettin man your kinda big for that bike, yea well its a 900, its comfortable and oh yea paid off, why you riding a purple bike? why dont you paint it black, cause the paint is in great shape and with the grafix it looks really good, why paint it?
The one i like the best comes from the guys that have never ridden, but know someone that knows someone that rides year round, like this morning, you didnt ride this morning? Well at 4am it was 29* frost on the ground, i needed coffee severely on my way in and oh yea its supposed to rain all day.

Old 05-01-2010 | 01:03 AM

There's a short guy in my office (like 5'-6" or so) and he made the mistake of saying I must be compensating for something when I bought my F4i. I asked him which of us he thought had more to compensate for and walked off.

Old 05-01-2010 | 01:08 PM

I'm lucky i guess... There are only a couple of guys on my shift that don't ride. There is a mix of touring, cruisers, and sportbikes. We even do the occaisonal ride as a group. I guess it just goes to show that all work places are not created equally.
Peace.

Old 05-01-2010 | 03:08 PM

dnt sweat it kuroshio, i deal with that crap everyday. my boss and the owner of the company hates motorcycles. he took my helmet once to "Teach me a lesson" i thought it was a joke but other ppl tell me he was serious.

i have one old guy who also rides. he bought a early 80 yamaha brand new and still rides it. one salesman rides a cruiser but due to physical abilities he cant ride everyday. there the cool ppl to chat with at work. the one harley guy bought a 15k harley, put 15k into it in parts. another 10k in labor bc he doesnt know how to work on bikes. and he rode all of 3 times last year and nothing yet this yeah. and he runs his mouth the most.

i just ignore it and tell ppl to grow up. selective hearing.

Old 05-01-2010 | 09:57 PM

haha, i don't have that problem..most of the my co-workers are cute women, who wants rides..hooray college town!

Old 05-02-2010 | 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by dohcdelsol
the one harley guy bought a 15k harley, put 15k into it in parts. another 10k in labor bc he doesnt know how to work on bikes. and he rode all of 3 times last year and nothing yet this yeah. and he runs his mouth the most.
I work with this chick who acts like an expert on everything, and she's super high-maintenance, too. Any time I mention something that needs to be done on my bike, she reminds me that's why she bought her Rebel new (I don't think she would ever buy anything used... ever). She's had her bike two years now and has a whole 500 miles on. All the while, she's making those monthly payments. Meanwhile, mine's all paid off and I enjoy it every chance I get.

Old 05-02-2010 | 04:34 AM

I am 1 of 2 ppl that actually ride. Well technically I am the only one that rides, the other is always just a passenger w/ her husband. I work with some a bunch of IT dorks so it is nice that I am the only one that rides. Now I just have to worry about college students knocking it over. If it happens it will be on like Donkey Kong.

Old 05-02-2010 | 05:10 AM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck

ive gotten the "i know a guy who...." story as well as some of the others as well.

my favorite/most disturbing has to be shortly after i got my second F2. I pulled into the parking lot at a new site and a guy in the truck next to me got out and started making small talk about my bike. nothing stood out really but his last comment. "those things are just to dangerous, i would never ride a motorcyle."

Ill admit, riding is generally more dangerous than driving a car (hell i just got hit), and isnt for everyone. but i found out a few days later that he was soon going to court for his 3RD DUI!!!! and he thinks he has a right to tell me what is dangerous!?!?! He IS the reason its dangerous to be on the road at all!

Quick Reply: (Rant) Fecking coworkers