Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

(Rant) Facebook gonna make me smack a...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default (Rant) Facebook gonna make me smack a...

Bout to defriend someone on facebook. Posted something that just irked me

Lol... I never seen a female rider ball out... they be too slow
Now I know a couple female riders irl that I damn sure wouldn't try to keep up with if they went all out. It'd mean a very messy death. Then there are riders I know of, like Misti Hurst and Dynasty Spurlock, I honestly can't see myself ever being as good as. So I send him links to their webpages and remind him his own wife is taking the MSF this year.

And he scoffs. What's with idiots like this? What would it take: racing for pinks and having to hand over his keys to a woman?

Old 02-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

dude, if they lost - the excuses that followed would be endless. mis-shift. tires weren't warm. etc.

but who cares? don't let it upset you.... why waste your time.

that's one of the reasons i don't have a failbook account. it just starts too much **** for it to be worth my time.... i'd rather be on here postin' pictures, telling jokes, learning, and helping others

Old 02-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If i got pissed off every time I saw something stupid on FB, I'd be perpetually upset.
Instead, I just hardly log on anymore.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:49 PM
June 2013 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Neat thing about bikes, is weight/power is such a huge factor, that the generally lighter/slimmer female frame will actually be faster, all other things considered.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:46 PM
July 2008 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you ended up taking it way more seriously than he did. He probably just thought it was kinda funny and shared it. Just because someone cracks a joke doesn't mean they take a stereotype or bigotry seriously, or even share in the opinion. He probably felt you were talking down to him for no reason or something along those lines. Those stupid pictures are everywhere; ones for GSXR riders, track riders, drag racers, blah blah blah. Taking them seriously is just going to make your own life worse.