Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

A Rant From a Cop

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 12:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: A Rant From a Cop

Ladies and gents, how many threads can we have about cops. Yes I get that some of you like us, respect us, hate us, have no respect for us (yes I am one in Canada). I get it. I don't bitch at you for the job you do, so don't bitch at us for the job we do. It is a JOB and only a handfull of people have the guts to do it. If you really want to see what it is like, thendo my job then you have the right to bitch. But, if you have not done the job then that does not give you the right to put us down like this.
No I don't believe that the majority of us were picked on in school and this is the way to get back at all the people who did this. Like the officer that made the statement, there are ******** in every job.
Here is a link of a cop being shot at responding to a bank robbery.I know I would go after the butthole would you???
http://xpstream.winisp.net/marcbarton/timgree
Be patient it is a long video.

Old 04-21-2007, 12:42 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Things Police Would Like You to Know

Your 5 year old kid getting pushed down by another 5 year old kid is NOT
a police matter; talk to the other kid's parents, not the police.

If your kid won't do his homework or do his chores, 911 is not the answer.

If a cop causes a car accident we usually get a ticket, and sometimes we get suspended. When is the last time you got 3 days off (without pay)
for rear-ending a guy at Wal-Mart?

We know you've had more than two beers. When I've had two beers, I didn't hit six parked cars, drive my car through the front doors of a
Toys-R-Us, pee my pants or pass out at a traffic light.

When you see an emergency vehicle behind you with its lights and sirens on, pull to the RIGHT, and stop. We are usually required to pass cars on
the left.

When you're driving in the fast lane and you see a cop behind you, don't go 5 MPH under the speed limit. We are not impressed by how safe of a
driver you can be, we're trying to go help someone (or catch that guy in SUV that just cut you off). Safely move over and let us pass please.
[/align]
If you get a warning instead of a ticket from a motorcycle cop, go buy a lottery ticket, because you've already beaten the odds.[/align]
When you see an officer conducting a traffic stop, or with a suspect in handcuffs, it is generally not a good idea to approach him and ask for
directions. If you do, don't expect the officer to be nice when he tells you to get lost, and don't expect the officer to take the time to explain.
[/align]
Here's how to get out of a ticket. Don't break the law.

If you drive a piece of crap, that is why you're getting pulled over.

In one week I pulled over 10 cars for minor traffic violations. 5 out of 10 had no vehicle insurance. 3 out of 10 had suspended driver's licenses. 2
out of 10 had warrants. 1 out of 10 had felony warrants. 1 was a known sex offender with his 12 year old niece in the car without her mothers
knowledge.
[/align]
If you've just been pulled over doing 70 in a 35, do not greet theofficer with, "What seems to be the problem, officer?"[b][size=2]

We get coffee breaks too.

When you're the victim of a burglary, take the time you spend waiting for the officer to find the model number and the serial number of the stuff
that was taken.

Some cops are just jerks, but take heart in the fact that other cops don't like them either.

[b][b][font="times new roman"]If it's night time and you're driving a vehicle with tinted windows and Ipull you over, it's not because of your skin color. I usually can't te

Old 04-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you get a warning instead of a ticket from a motorcycle cop, go buy a lottery ticket, because you've already beaten the odds
haha thats my favorite because its so true !

Old 04-21-2007, 01:08 AM

ORIGINAL: cwmc29

Things Police Would Like You to Know

So true:
If you get a warning instead of a ticket from a motorcycle cop, go buy a lottery ticket, because you've already beaten the odds.[/align]

100% of them in Sussex are:
Some cops are just jerks, but take heart in the fact that other cops don't like them either.

Hilarious
If you rob a gas station you're only going to get about $100, but I get to see a K9 dog use your arm as a chew toy. For all I care you can keep the
$100.

Not in Sussex:
Every traffic stop could end in gunfire, but we have to be polite and professional until that time.

Thank You[/align]
[/align]
The Police[/align][/align]
[/align]
[/align]
I only dislike small town cops simply because they have nothing better to do than go out an nit pick every little thing. The motocycle cop used to follow my car around town whenever he saw it. He would make a U-turn and haul *** up onto my butt and just follow me while I watched him play on his little computer just LOOKING for some reason to pull me over.

If I'm doing something wrong and I get pulled over it's not the cops fault it's my own dang fault. But come on don't be a ***** when I'm not doing anything wrong! I've been arrested 3 times between 5 and 6am on Saturday mornings. They must like watching naked men because when I get woken up and they come in my room when I'm half asleep and I want to get dressed they stand there and watch me get clothes and get dressed so they can take me to the station so I can pay my warrant and parking ticket that I forgot to pay. GRRRRRRRR This topic makes me mad so I'm going to stop now.

Mike

Old 04-21-2007, 01:10 AM

Look, this is a touchy subject for everyone on this board as we come from different age ranges and different styles of riding, so how the police are going to impact our lives are going to be different for all of us.

we ALL understand that there can't be a USA without police and that their job requires them to put up with all sorts of people from those endangering themselves to those endangering others, however we are all free to have our own opinions on the subject and i KNOW that some of the responses talking about ignorant people were directed at me in some way for saying I hate cops.

I can respect the position, and I can respect your opinion, but there have been times when I have NEEDED the police, and when I have CALLED the police and only to end up in dissapointment. I have also been harassed by police and been given unfair citations for pointless issues. So when I say I hate police, I mean it, in my experience the police have done nothing but aggrevate me and cause more trouble than good, and in response to who am I going to call if my bike gets stolen, you can be sure I'll call the police, and you can also be about 99% sure that they won't find ****.

So let's all remain cool on the boards here especially about touchy subjects and instead of instantly attacking those members who have been around a while and happen to have a controversial point on a subject, we should stick to constructive criticism... and stare at my signature.

Old 04-21-2007, 03:26 AM

ORIGINAL: txmorgan

I can respect the position, and I can respect your opinion, but there have been times when I have NEEDED the police, and when I have CALLED the police and only to end up in dissapointment. I have also been harassed by police and been given unfair citations for pointless issues. So when I say I hate police, I mean it, in my experience the police have done nothing but aggrevate me and cause more trouble than good, and in response to who am I going to call if my bike gets stolen, you can be sure I'll call the police, and you can also be about 99% sure that they won't find ****.

So let's all remain cool on the boards here especially about touchy subjects and instead of instantly attacking those members who have been around a while and happen to have a controversial point on a subject, we should stick to constructive criticism... and stare at my signature.
im gona guess your talking to me because im the only one that said ignorant, i was not trying to offend any one and i feel my points were constructive. how is it constructive to say you dont respect police officers? there are people on this forum that are in law enforcement and i feel that isnt constructive and isnt nice to say you dont respect them.

i don’t get what your trying to say by how you have been around longer do you mean on the board or do you mean age wise? if you mean by on the forum does that mean because you have been around longer then me it gives you free rain to say that you want? and if you mean age wise i dont know how you would know my age.

my post was not geared toward one person per say and nor one thread or topic. i have seen people tell people they are cheap because they buy 87 because they dont understand octane i have seen people say cops are just people who want to run around with a gun and feel big. i can respect your opinion and i dont say things to attack people or to criticizes them although you may believe i am. what my post was aimed at was to challenge peoples thoughts and to think critically.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:07 AM

listen i have no problem with cops, and as a matter of fact one of my best freinds is a cop....but when me and the fellow members of our car club are gathered in a parking lot just talking and having a good time, dont come and ****ing block us in because you get reports of people doing burnouts and street-racing...if it was us, i doubt we would still be sitting here....
i have one thing to say to cops, leave car enthusiast alone, we dont harm anyone, and as a matter of fact, we are some of the best drivers on the road...just let us be...

Old 04-21-2007, 01:23 PM

ORIGINAL: BurryTheSpeedo

listen i have no problem with cops, and as a matter of fact one of my best freinds is a cop....but when me and the fellow members of our car club are gathered in a parking lot just talking and having a good time, dont come and ****ing block us in because you get reports of people doing burnouts and street-racing...if it was us, i doubt we would still be sitting here....
i have one thing to say to cops, leave car enthusiast alone, we dont harm anyone, and as a matter of fact, we are some of the best drivers on the road...just let us be...

to an extent your preaching to the choir on this one. we have a huge car show in lake george ny called the Adirondack nationals and the cops constantly bother people up there even a little burn out and you could evend up in jail for a few hours. we also have a local place where people meet up and just hang out at a local parking lot call KOLES and there is always cops driving threw and checking people out.

but a lot of people leave KOLES and go drag racing and im sure thats what the cops are watching for. Also there was an incident where a ford lightening was screwing around and drove threw the front of a OfficeMax those are the biggest thing there are also smaller instes of cars running into each other and fist fights.. no offence but if you took a survey almost 90% of people would say they' are good drivers and we all know there are far less good drivers then that. just cause you are a car enthusiast doesnt make you a good driver. im a big car guy at one point i hade 2 corvettes and a camaro and i have a very though mechanical ability i dont find many things i cant do trannies are about the only thing i cant do on a car. but i would not even come close to considering my self a good driver not even average. i have met so many 17-19 year old kids at the car clubs that are so full of them selves its not funny. and while im not saying your a bad driver i doubt every one you meet that is into cars is a good driver. and if some one calls the cops on you for disturbing the peace well the cops have to respond. To be honest I don’t know how I feel about it there are some times im like there only having a little fun what is revving up your engine or doing a little burn out hurt and one. And other times I think well if they let it get to out of control it will only escalate to an unsafe point. I really do have very mixed feeling

Old 04-21-2007, 02:17 PM

I have a freind who is a cop. He has this saying, "I don't give tickets to tax-payers" What he means by this is that if he pulls you over for a tail light, he really doesn't care about the tail light, but wants to see whos in the car, where hes going and what hes doing in the neighborhood. If all checks out OK, hes not gonna give the guy a ticket, dudes on his way to some **** job, driving a peice of crap, three car seats in the back, the last thing the guy needs is a 150.00 ticket. He pulls people over and usually finds other things more serious when they start getting nervous, running they're mouth, lying ect......

Old 04-21-2007, 05:14 PM

I respect civilian cops, most of them. If I break the law and I get a ticket, thats my own fault. Military cops on the other hand? They hate me..

On a side note, I did my first wheelie last night Practiced them for about a halfhour. The first one was scary as hell..

Quick Reply: A Rant From a Cop