Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rant about our friends south of the border

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 04:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rant about our friends south of the border

(sorry, Voodoo) The store I work in is in a predominantly Hispanic area. The families come in and just let their kids run wild! I'm not racist by any means, but the other ethnicities that come in don't let their children act like this. They tear my freakin' store apart, and it takes me and my crew almost 2 hours every night to put everything back where it goes.
The parents are just as bad! I'll be standing in an aisle doing something, and they'll walk by with a product in their hand, decide they don't want it, and just put it down on the floor and walk out! What the hell! Contrary to popular belief, it is NOT my job to clean it up later. Well, actually it is, but only because lazy asses like that don't have enough respect to put things back where they got them. I thought these people were supposed to be hard-working? This is my first major contact with Hispanics, so I'm not sure if they all act this way, or if it's isolated to my area. Makes me want to smack them.
Today, there were 2 younger Hispanic girls throwing a Nerf football in the aisle next to the one I was working on. I walked by because they were being quite loud. I didn't see either parents, so I asked them to please put the football back and go find their parents. They ignored me, so I repeated in Spanish, and they still ignored me. I gave up and went back to my task. Few seconds later I heard a crash and one of them starting crying. I felt a little bad, but I smiled and kept working. I think the little bastard got what she deserved. I figured I was covered legally since I asked them to stop. After the mother had come to finally get the kids to stand with her, I walked to the next aisle to see what had been knocked over. It was some air fresheners WHICH THEY DIDN"T EVEN CLEAN UP OFF THE FLOOR!!

Old 06-11-2007, 04:46 AM
Default RE: Rant about our friends south of the border

try living here in phoenix...... i have lost respect for them

Old 06-11-2007, 06:57 AM

Oh God, they're f'in everywhere here in Columbus. I used to work for a landscaping company (Davey), well, I was the lead foreman. Yeah, a majority of them do work hard BUT a majority of them are worthless, lazy, etc., just to name a few AND 99.99% of them DIDN'T have to pay taxes! WTF?! I worked my a*s off, 60 hours easily a week just to have money taken out of every check, taxes, insurance, etc, but they got every single penny, like if they made $10/hr, well, they got every single cent of that on their checks. We've lost too many lives making this Country the best damn Country in the world, yet, there's a possibility of them being offered *FREE* citizenship...they come here illegally<breaking the laws in more than 1 way, they don't pay taxes...yet they're going to be able to live here for *FREE*? Hell, what good's a passport anymore? Are they going to offer the Russian's, German's, Chinese, etc. *FREE* citizenship? Anyways, so yeah, the weather's been great the past few days here in Ohio. Been golfing/riding everyday, got to walk the dogs...oh, and I paid my taxes AND I showed proof to the P.G.A. that I'm LEGAL to work in the great U.S.A. . I mean, if our own government is going to break the rules for a select group of people, what else? What's this world coming to? Hell, what's THIS Country coming to?

[IMG]local://upfiles/3207/3484ED46A5024B03B90A952B7A02588E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-11-2007, 09:06 AM

When I lived in California, I used to notice the same thing. If we'd be in a restaurant, we'd notice the Hispanic parents not watching or disciplining their kids who were running wild all over the place. In the same restaurant, we noticed that the Asian parents kept strict control of their kids who were very well behaved.

I never had a problem with the Hispanic population while I was growing up in Southern PA. Then, after moving to California, I was exposed to more and more of what's happening to the country. I've had friends of all sorts of ethnicities, including hispanic (legal ones) who are appalled by what's happening in the US and what illegal immigration is doing to the perception of their culture.

I have absolutely no problem with anybody who wants to come into the US, assimilate into our culture and society and FOLLOW THE SAME LAWS THAT APPLY TO US. I have major problems with those who break the laws to come into the country, pop out a couple of kids and bleed the system.In all fairness, I know people personally, (in-laws) who bleed the system as well, and I feel the same way about them.

I believe we're being invaded. I mean, I left southern PA for 2 years, when I returned I found that the hispanic population in a specific area had BOOMED noticeably, and the safety of the area in which they had grown so prominent had declined rapidly. Areas that used to be safe to walk through at night are safe no more and crime has gone up and living conditions have deteriorated.

I've heard all of the stereotypes and seen the statistics. So many people turn a blind eye to them but when you see it for yourself, it's hard to deny. I'm not bigoted and I welcome anybody who wants a piece of the american dream. But when I feel like I have to speak spanish to order a Big Mac, or have to watch my son watch TV shows that are forcing the spanish language down his throat, I have a big problem. I think it would be great if we were all bilingual or trilingual or whatever, but I believe we should have a choice in what that 2nd or 3rd language should be. Society is bowing to them and forefitting. It makes me sick.

Maybe we should make Mexico another state. Problem solved! Make everybody citizens, take care of the drug problem and oust the corrupt government. It would probably be better for the people there.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:57 AM

well i have seen it to but its not fair to just say Hispanics becouse i seen other people do it to. altho Hispanics do it the most. and yea it is your job to clean it if u like it or not.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:16 PM

I understand where you folks are coming from, but this thread can eventually become offensive. You folks are moinvg toward being very inconsiderate of others. I'm not Mexican, but I am from Puerto Rico. Which makes me a Latino!

So, please. No more comments like this.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:25 PM

ORIGINAL: mannyrios

I understand where you folks are coming from, but this thread can eventually become offensive. You folks are moinvg toward being very inconsiderate of others. I'm not Mexican, but I am from Puerto Rico. Which makes me a Latino!

So, please. No more comments like this.
mexican, latino... same s**t. i am mexican i am not offended. let the bashing go on... Voodoo usted es mexicano? yo no sabĂ­a.

edit: are the ppl comeing from mexico to you store??? it sould like it from the title "RE: Rant about our friends south of the border" or is it friends from south of the border.

and back on topic when my brothers kids come to my house to visti my mom its a bigggg mess after they leave. its like le nino came buy. so i know how it can relate to bing outside.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Retired Moderator

Don't know what to say fellas...I can't stand anyone that has no class, and no respect for their surroundings, either. In my area, Southern Oregon,it is 95% white so the only rude,lazy, non-tax paying (welfare), losers are white trash. I just think it matters where you are located geographically...that will dictate what kind oftape worm you have. Another thing, when I was growing up and us kids would get out of line, we would get our asses beaten. There was no time out, or standing in a corner, or counting to three. I don't think that it is a cultural thing, but social commentary about the youth of today in general. They have grown up without the rod. Anyway, my .02...

Jimbo, soy medio mexicano. Estoy apprendiendo espanol...

Old 06-11-2007, 12:42 PM

I live in Maine, not to many Mexicans around her, but the local Somoli influx seems to be just as lax in their parenting....

Old 06-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bad parenting CAN NOT be attributed to race...bad parenting is attributed to the parents...but i don't expect those without children to understand.

lead people in the right path steer them towards the light, but do not judge...or else you too will be judged...sound familiar?

Quick Reply: Rant about our friends south of the border