Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Random

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random

Doesn't it seem that most accidents or close to being in an accident is when a rider is about to go home?, im pretty new to this forum..which i love..lol...but it seems that most of the stories about getting hit or close to....is when the rider is about to go home?.....is it me or is this something?

hit it up

Old 09-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Default RE: Random

the facts are that most accidents, whether on bike or other, usually happen within 5 miles from your house

Old 09-07-2006, 03:43 PM

yeah it does...that sucks..so now when im thinking about going home on my bike..im going to extra careful.....lol

Old 09-07-2006, 04:48 PM

Thats kinda funny about the 5 mile thing because where else are you going to have an accident other than on the highway ifs its not within 5 miles of your own home. Atleast around here, most towns arent even 5 miles long.

Old 09-07-2006, 05:01 PM

Yeah that is ture.......i mean....they aren't saying that its about 5mile..they are saying it is 5 miles..so its more dangerous going home then going out.....

now that is RAndom!!

Old 09-07-2006, 05:40 PM

It doesn't really take a mathematician to come up with the 5 mile idea though.

Let's think about it:

When you leave the house in the morning, you may be thinking to yourself "What did I forget? Did I leave the lights on? Is the (curling) iron still on? Do the dogs have enough food and water? Did I leave any important tools or documents that I might need during the day?" Not to mention you might be a little groggy from not getting enough sleep or having a little hangover!

Then what about on your way home? ****, if you're like me you can't wait to get home - and the closer you get the more anxious you are to get there. You can't wait to play with the kids and/or the pets. You may just be happy to be out of work. Thinking about the house work that needs to be done when you get home. Or maybe you've gotta take a dump and you just can't wait to go and sit on your very own commode instead of that hot and nasty portable ****ter they have on the job site!

No one really knows what's going through peoples' heads... but all of these mental distractions contribute to the possibility of having an accident. And when you think that almost everyone on the road is thinking about home, work, kids, school and many other things besides DRIVING, well it's a recipe for a wreck.

Speaking for myself; my mind wanders the most when I'm about 10 minutes from my origin or my destination. Any time in between, I'm a lot more focused on driving.

Old 09-07-2006, 07:22 PM

That is very true..i am more excited or " more anxious " when im going home, no matter what the reason is.......that makes sense....good sh@@t man.... well now im going to try my best to pay more attention to my areas and watch for things....but its still sad ..you know?

peace and safe ride