Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

rain riders

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 07:14 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Ride Fast

The rain isn't a big deal as long as you're prepared to be wet. Doesn't matter if you're bubble-boy the rain is gonna leak in somewhere. Like everybody has mentioned paint is slick when wet -- but paint is also slick when it's cold so my advice is to avoid paint.

A couple of other things to watch for when riding in the rain is that it tires you out ... fast. Something about the severe concentration and coldiness of the rain (ya, coldiness ain't a real word) that makes me tire quicker than cold weather or road racing. Also gotta take care of the equipment and oil the chain real nice after a spin in the wetness.

Old 02-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yo rain hurts!! and is loud. I had the pleasure to be caught in the rain once with a tee shirt on and it hurt like hell. I don't ride in the rain but if I'm out I watch out for the paint lines and I take it slow. I am one of those people to stay in the house when it rains cause I'm an aggressive rider and I get frustrated when I can't throw the bike over and crack open the throttle. My advise is to not ride in the rain unless you have to. I think yall are crazy to want to ride in the rain. I hate it. rather ride in the cold.

Old 02-09-2006, 06:05 AM

i can only imagine how hard the rain drops hit the visor of a helmet. SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT hell in some rainy situations i thought they would break the windshield of my car

Old 02-15-2006, 02:12 AM

when i got my f4i last summer it was my only transportation for work so i had to ride rain or shine.... i hate the feeling of being wet, so all that behind me you just need 2 use more caution when riding in the rain, i feel like i have more control of my bike now that i have ridden in the rain so much...but i will say id take sunny wheather over rain any day

Old 02-16-2006, 06:12 AM

Ultimate_17
I don`t mind riding in the rain at all, you can go nearly as fast as when its dry if you keep it smooth. Controlled use of the throttle and brakes are essential of course. And like has been mentioned the white lines and painted surfaces become very slippy.

But unless i`m out already i will avoid it if possible purely because theres no faster way to get your bike full of crap, but living in england I do ride rain often.

Old 02-16-2006, 01:26 PM

one word for you: SMOOTH.

that's all it takes to survive riding on the rain.

Old 02-16-2006, 02:35 PM

Didn`t i just say that, lol

Old 02-16-2006, 06:59 PM
L8X

ORIGINAL: syko9

Yo rain hurts!! and is loud. I had the pleasure to be caught in the rain once with a tee shirt on and it hurt like hell. I don't ride in the rain but if I'm out I watch out for the paint lines and I take it slow. I am one of those people to stay in the house when it rains cause I'm an aggressive rider and I get frustrated when I can't throw the bike over and crack open the throttle. My advise is to not ride in the rain unless you have to. I think yall are crazy to want to ride in the rain. I hate it. rather ride in the cold.
What the blazes are you doing riding around in a t shirt??? be glad the rain is the only thing that hurt you. jebus, what is wrong with people? wearing no gear is not bad ***, its dumb ***

Old 02-17-2006, 12:45 AM

High speed and wet clothes make me one unhappy camper

Old 02-17-2006, 11:00 AM

ORIGINAL: Anubis

Didn`t i just say that, lol

Oh sorry....Yeah...What he said

Quick Reply: rain riders