Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

rain riders

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 12:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rain riders

i dont like riding in the rain... my shield fogs up and i cant see anything, and the pegs get all slippy. its just not my thing and i try to avoid it. thankfully i live in california.

Old 02-08-2006, 12:44 PM

It's actually a guy from another board that i snatched his pic for my sig. None of ya'll know him, and, he doesn't use this forum, so, i figured I was safe.[:@]

Tylor

Old 02-08-2006, 12:47 PM

ORIGINAL: cbrjeeper

What can I say? Other than, that isn't me in the bed. But, i loved the pic so, it became my sig. Just curious, how many thought that was me in the bed?

Tylor

*raises hand*

and this question was to learn what to look for...and have you guys talk more...maybe its me but some of the questions on here are kind of reptitive...I was also under the impression rain made riders run for cover and hide

Old 02-08-2006, 01:01 PM

sorry, back to your question. Yes, rain makes most riders run for cover. But, not me. I enjoy it. As to what to watch for, anything else on the road. Cars don't see you. Oils on the road after a fresh rain, the stripes on the road also, very slick. Try to keep the lean angles much less cause less traction on wet roads are not favorable.

Tylor

Old 02-08-2006, 01:08 PM
Retired Admin

ORIGINAL: Ultimate_17

ORIGINAL: cbrjeeper

What can I say? Other than, that isn't me in the bed. But, i loved the pic so, it became my sig. Just curious, how many thought that was me in the bed?

Tylor

*raises hand*

and this question was to learn what to look for...and have you guys talk more...maybe its me but some of the questions on here are kind of reptitive...I was also under the impression rain made riders run for cover and hide
Basically it is not an ideal riding situation, there are some that break the mold but the suggestion is to avoid it.[8D]

Old 02-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Retired Administrator

Musichyp... it's a three hour tour, a three hour tour. Get it right! You don't want mr. angry coming over there setting you straight.

Very good point about the paint/markings on the road. I don't plan trips in the rain... but I still ride to work if it's not pouring and I don't care about the ride home. It just sucks sitting at work damp all day.

And wtf... I'd love to have some 40 degree temps right now.

Old 02-08-2006, 01:48 PM
jim
Default Ride Fast

Dear Mr Ultimate

When riding in the rain in the day I find that overtaking everything leaves me with a clear road ahead and therefore removes all potential hazards, however in heavy city traffic cut your speed by half or more and leave allot of space around yourself.
Don’t open the throttle to quickly and what ever you do don’t brake mid corner, brake while the bike is upright then release the brakes drop down a gear then lean into the corner.
I have found out when it rain's it’s a good time to practise power sliding but not wheelies and definitely not stoppies.
If you are going to take a pillion when its raining just remember that because you have more weight you will have more down force and therefore in theory more traction, I personally have not got the nerve to try this and my missus would beat me up if i crashed with her on the back.
In short take it easy dude.

Kind regards
Jim

Old 02-08-2006, 03:11 PM
L8X
Default RE: Ride Fast

i hate riding in the rain and avoid it like the plague. everyone gave you good advice. my advice is dont do unless you really really have to

Old 02-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Default RE: Ride Fast

having lived in the tropics for the better part of my life
i have ridden FAR more than my fair share through blinding, stinging torrential downpours on streets that were either washed away or flooded upto my knees ...

but no more now that i live in sunny so Cali ;-)

Old 02-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Retired Admin

ORIGINAL: doncollins

Musichyp... it's a three hour tour, a three hour tour. Get it right! You don't want mr. angry coming over there setting you straight.

Please Please accept my apoligies.....Really no disrespect was intended....Honestly I swear it was an accident, it will not happen again!!!~

*Walking away humming-------- "A three hour tour........A three hour tour....."

Quick Reply: rain riders