Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

rain riders

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 03:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rain riders

is there anyone here who has rode in the rain? any bad situations or uncomfortable spots you would like to warn other riders about?

Old 02-08-2006, 04:33 AM
Default RE: rain riders

<--- Oregon = plenty of rain.....
Just common stuff, give your self more room to break
Don't go as hard on the throttle
If it's near the first few days of rain in a while watch for oil (new rains brings it out and onto the road surface)
be on your throttle and ready at stops incase that idiot in the car behind you might not be paying attention and go to stop quickly and slide into you

If you have any specific questions or concerns just ask.[8D]

Old 02-08-2006, 08:56 AM
Retired Administrator

I ride in the rain all the time. Cars can't see you at all so it's a big risk. Treat every car like it’s a bullet out to get you. Give yourself distance or don't ride behind cars if you can help it. The rain cloud behind them will blind you. And whatever the temp is... your face shield will fog up bad so you have to crack it a little and this soaks your face and eyes.

Common sense stuff... you have less traction so deal with that. It is still possible for you to hydroplane. Most riders believe since our tires are round, they cut through the water and will not hydroplane. It can happen so watch out for standing water.

Old 02-08-2006, 09:25 AM

One big thing ya'll hadn't mentioned yet is, the road paint. The stripes down the middle of the road, or, the crosswalk pain when stopped at a redlight. When those are wet, they are slicker than ice!! Other than that, it's pretty well covered. I ride in the rain, being in FL and, i've got my rain gear, so, i stay dry, i put the rain-X fog stuff on the inside of my visor, and, rain-x on the outside. Works like a charm for me.

Tylor

Old 02-08-2006, 10:37 AM

I don't like to ride in the rain. Like Don said cars can't see you too good and I just don't like how the bike handles so I try to stay away from it.

Old 02-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Retired Admin

Just out of curiosity is this a question of need or desire? Do you want to ride in the rain? Or do you need to ride in the rain. Obviously by choice if its raining I am not going for a 4 hour cruise, a 4 for hour cruise....lol don't want to end up stranded on a deserted island somewhere. Just not a time of fun for me. I ride to enjoy the ride, I would choose 40 degree weather over a rain storm. However if it is required to ride in the rain just respect the rain and the idiot drivers out there! And don't be all about dragging the knees. RAIN SUCKS!!!!

Old 02-08-2006, 12:02 PM

Just sit right back for a tale or two....

Call me wierd, but, i actually enjoy riding in the rain. You've got to ride smart, obviously, but, i enjoy the ride. It's nice and cool, and, with my gear, i stay dry. Sucks when you get to where you are going though, but, i've got for an hour cruise through a storm. The most memorable was an evening run through a thunderstorm. The lightning, rain, and, thunder, all, well, kinda intensified the ride. I really liked it.

But, on a side note, I only enjoy riding in the rain for pleasure. If I HAVE to go somewhere and it's raining, i jump in my Jeep.

Tylor

Old 02-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Retired Admin

Well Tylor we all know you have a weird connection to your bike! Look at that sig....I mean damn!! j/k[8D]

Old 02-08-2006, 12:11 PM

What can I say? Other than, that isn't me in the bed. But, i loved the pic so, it became my sig. Just curious, how many thought that was me in the bed?

Tylor

Old 02-08-2006, 12:19 PM
Retired Admin

Well that may be even stranger then? LOL You got pics of other guy's in bed? Did you like that rainbow logo I made? LOL j/k[8D]

Quick Reply: rain riders