Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Raccoon : (

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Raccoon : (

So i have been working on my bike since july when i bought it. About 2 weeks ago i finished it. Nice paint job, new decals and it ran great. Well i drive to texas 330 miles and the next day my bike overheats. I drain the fluid and i have oil in my coolant. I flush it and change the oil replaced the o rings in the oil cooler, thermostat, and waterpump housing. It leakes from the thermostat. so i place some sealent along the oring for the thermostat housing and it stops it kinda. Anyways after 2 days of vacation time gone i get the bike perfect again. About 3 hours later im coming home from my father in laws place. Long dark road. Im going around a corner in the furthest lane away from the grass and a car passes with his brights on (dick head) Well i cant see for a few seconds and as soon as the car passed me and i got my vision back RACCOON! And this is a texas size raccoon. I hit it doin about 70mph. It rips the right side fairing off : ( i turn around and pick up my pieces and see the raccoon. I didnt get a picture of it cause im waiting on a replacement phone since mine wanted to go swimming : (. So my newly painted and repaired fairings will now have to be repaired and painted again. A few tabs broke so i think im just screwed. So looks like ill be selling them soon and buying new ones off ebay. My bike couldnt even stay perfect for more than six hours. lol Well ya. Just thought i would rant about my so called vacation. Thanks for reading

Old 10-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Geez dude. Hope you were kidding when you said I was like another you with the stuff I'm doing. If you curse me with a raccoon I'll be pissed. A family of em have taken up residence behind my apt and frequent the driveway.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a racoon ripped the whole fairing off??? jesus!

Old 10-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrrrrrrrr
a racoon ripped the whole fairing off??? jesus!
Texas sized, he said. Think something bout the size of a pig

Old 10-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Administrator - Retired

That sucks, man.
Sorry to hear that. At least you didn't wreck?

Old 10-19-2009, 11:05 PM

I hope you dont have the same luck as me. And yes The raccoon was F*%KING HUGE. Weight wise around 20 lbs 30lbs if you want to go by what my wife says. lol. here are some picks of the fairings. I think i hit the coons head on the bottom corner of it cause its cracked pretty good. Here are the pics

Old 10-19-2009, 11:37 PM

Put your pistol in the night stand. You probably pissed that raccoon off.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:37 AM

christ imma start spiking my wheels now

Old 10-20-2009, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Hangfire
So, did you hurt the raccoon at all or was it just sitting there contentedly gnawing on your fairing when you turned around? Better hope that coon didn't give your bike rabies.
The coon was dead. Im guessing i hit its head cause it looked awfully out of place compared to its body and it had small patches of fur kinda clumped off. Most likely from rolling on the pavement i guess. But i have taken a personal vendetta againts all raccoons and they shall all fear me soon. haha

Quick Reply: Raccoon : (