Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

R6

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 02:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R6

so my buddy baught an 08 R6 has 0 riding experince on any type of motorcycle so i have spent my weekend at the dealership and giving lessons..havent really gotten past take offs and slow turns.. anyways ive had an opportunity to ride it since he has no rxperince so i rode it home amd i took it for a few spins..now i dont know why but i have always had some sort of un founded dis like for yamaha street bikes love them in the dirt..but for some reason i have never liked the street bikes yea they look pretty bad ***, but some reason ive neever liked them..anyways...i finally have a plausible reasoln not to like them..it has absolutly nothing on my RR..its heavy slugish slow revving realy high up and the front brake sucks even with 45 min of adjustmenti mean im 5'11" amd i cant get flat footed on the bike which is odd because ive never been on a bike where i couldnt touch the ground..so the things i liked...the way it handles is pretty nice, and it has a real agressive look and a real nice deep throaty stock exhaust. the *** end would be really easy to put a good looking FE kit unike on my CBR which has a huge ugly nasty black thing with the break light under the exhaist (wtf was honda thinking with that ****?) and alaready has a tailight in the tail...seriously i like my bike alot but wtf were they thinking with that? so in conclusion 08 cbr600rr is amillion and a half times better then an 08 r6

Old 04-28-2008, 02:34 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: R6

A friend of mine gave me a go of his 03 R6 last summer ... this may surprise you because it did me, my own old F3 with a steel frame felt stronger from the word go and right through the mid range ... I will admit the R6 was fast enough and felt light but I love the strong power and rounded feeling of my old F3 ... so I can only imagine that the RR simply blows the R6 into the weeds ... oh somebody please give me a go of an RR before I go craazzzzyy ...lol.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:41 AM
Banned

The last sluggish, slow-revving R6 I saw was a buddy's who had an 01. It was lowered and carbed.

The new R6's certainly aren'theavy among other 600cc bikes. It's theheight in which the engine is held inside the frame. The way the Yamaha engine sitshelps the bike deliver more efficienttractionthe farther it is leaned over. Ona fast track your RR would get handled by the R6, imo. They maybe lacking below 8,5K RPM's but the R6 isit's ownmonster.

I would love to ride the new ones.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:44 AM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

I would love to ride the new ones.

I would love to ride all the new 600's back to back ... that would be great ... have them all lined up and take each one out for a couple of hours, come back and jump on the next one ... I've always envied the motorcycle testers here who get to do this and get paid for it ..lol

Jules

Old 04-28-2008, 02:58 AM

make no mistake about it, on the track that R6 is a little screamer. Couple that with suspension mods and it would be the perfect track bike.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:02 AM

ORIGINAL: dwhite645

make no mistake about it, on the track that R6 is a little screamer. Couple that with suspension mods and it would be the perfect track bike.
That's the thing though I think .. it may be great on the track but for those of us who ride on the road and at a moderate pace where we are using the bike's low and midrange then I think the CBR would just "feel" miles better ... I remember the R6 I tried as feeling quite peaky by comparison with my own CBR ...

Jules

Old 04-28-2008, 03:10 AM
Banned

That's why it's a failed effort to say one is lesser than the other. To be fair, you'd have to ride them in both their strong, and weak areas to develop an objective opinion. Anything less is hearsay.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:21 AM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

That's why it's a failed effort to say one is lesser than the other. To be fair, you'd have to ride them in both their strong, and weak areas to develop an objective opinion. Anything less is hearsay.
I'd love to be let loose on a race track with an R6 I didn't care about .. a part of me needs to know just how far I can really go ... I've only ever ridden on the road ... good fast roads but never the less still just the road ... it's not that I'm into racing but I need to know what a bike really feels like "on the edge"

Jules

Old 04-28-2008, 03:36 AM

My friend beat me on his 07in a neutral downhill race today, I guess his was heavier and he kinda cheated by trying to pull me offmy bike.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Volksdragg

My friend beat me on his 07in a neutral downhill race today, I guess his was heavier and he kinda cheated by trying to pull me offmy bike.
You know what ... a dry chain and low tyre pressures can kill you in a down hill neutral race ... lol ;-)

Jules