Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Question for the Masses about Waving

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008 | 01:47 PM
Banned
Default RE: Question for the Masses about Waving

Old 09-17-2008 | 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

I would consider a safe scooter rider more of a brother or sister than I would a squid sportbike rider that rides like crap and gives the rest of us a bad name.
Idk, I see the squids as misguided brothers, everyone has the person in their family that's a messup

Old 09-17-2008 | 01:52 PM

I would consider a safe scooter rider more of a brother or sister than I would a squid sportbike rider that rides like crap and gives the rest of us a bad name.
+1

I really hate seeing the guys out in their shorts and a tanktop with just a lid and gloves on. I can't really imagine what's on going on in their minds[&:].

Old 09-17-2008 | 01:55 PM

It's one thing to be a new rider and to be misguided and not taught whats right/wrong when it comes to riding and it's another thing to be ignorant.

Old 09-17-2008 | 01:57 PM

ORIGINAL: soccer13pro2007

ORIGINAL: TheX

Idk, I see the squids as misguided brothers, everyone has the person in their family that's a messup
Just because a person is up on two doesn't make him/her part of my family.

Old 09-18-2008 | 05:13 PM

+1

I really hate seeing the guys out in their shorts and a tanktop with just a lid and gloves on. I can't really imagine what's on going on in their minds.
Ok since we are kinda on this subject I have to bring something up that im sure has been mentioned before, but not by me. I see way more ****** on Goldwings with tshirts shorts and no helmet than i have ever seen on sportbikes. I guess they think since they're on a big monster they are safer somehow than other riders. Same thing goes for Harley riders. My two cents...

Old 09-18-2008 | 05:21 PM

i dont wave to scooters, b/c i see them out there for the gas savings and they arent enjoying it the was someone is enjoying a real motorcycle.....they bought it to help their pocket, its not a passion for them.

and if i ever hear about you waving to trikes i'll.......idk what i'll do but wont be good, hahaha. i never wave to trikes. they have no idea what its like to grin as you hold a corner leaned over.....*takes a deep breath*........gonna go ride my RR now!

Old 09-18-2008 | 09:12 PM
RCR

ORIGINAL: 600f4i_blackout

I really hate seeing the guys out in their shorts and a tanktop with just a lid and gloves on. I can't really imagine what's on going on in their minds[&:].
Gloves are cool and they are riding within the limit of the law. Are you wearing full gear from head to toe?

Old 09-18-2008 | 10:11 PM

ORIGINAL: jaynd

i dont wave to scooters, b/c i see them out there for the gas savings and they arent enjoying it the was someone is enjoying a real motorcycle.....they bought it to help their pocket, its not a passion for them.

and if i ever hear about you waving to trikes i'll.......idk what i'll do but wont be good, hahaha. i never wave to trikes. they have no idea what its like to grin as you hold a corner leaned over.....*takes a deep breath*........gonna go ride my RR now!
I was thinkin about this ALL day today then on my way home. Someone on a trike waved at me. I saw them comming and was wondering WWCBRFD? (What would CBR Forum Do) I thought no way in hell would a biker wave to a trike so i was determined not to even look at them so I wouldnt be put in the situation. About 15ft from me they both threw out their hands. I didn't knwo what to do so I just stared at them the whole time. Then did a double take once they passed me. I feel bad about it now though. I came off as a total ******* I bet.

Old 09-18-2008 | 10:17 PM

Waving is kind of unpredictable around here. I wave at a lot of people, and some will return it, but some won't. I don't really care either way. The part that has bothered me recently is that I have been getting the cold shoulder from a lot of sport bikers. What is up with that?

Quick Reply: Question for the Masses about Waving