Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Question for the Masses about Waving

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008 | 12:59 PM
|
Default Question for the Masses about Waving

Okay whats going on everybody.

Got a quick question to put out there. I am pretty new to motorcycles and love the brother/sisterhood.

Now here is my question, see motorcyclists wave to one another all the time. And I think thats how it should be. I used to have a Wrangler and we did that all the time. My dad has a Mini Cooper and he does it all the time as well. But do you all wave to men/women on Vespa's and other motorized scooters.Do they rate a wave?

Thanks!
James

Old 09-17-2008 | 01:04 PM
Default RE: Question for the Masses about Waving

we just got done with one of these.[:@]

I wave to most sportbikes, and anyone who waves to me.

Who cares if they are on a scooter, it has two wheels, thats what we are all about, right?

Old 09-17-2008 | 01:04 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon

Check previous posts - beaten to death !
But to answer your question - wave at everyone - why the hell not ?
I make a special effort to wave/acknowledge the youngsters on small bikes - someone has to show them the way.......

Old 09-17-2008 | 01:08 PM

I try to make it a habit and wave to everyone I see on two wheels other then pedal bikes of course. Sometimes the people on the harley's/scoots won't even way back to me, doesn't bother me one bit though. As long as it's SAFE to wave I will always make the effort.

Old 09-17-2008 | 01:08 PM

welp here we go. if you do wave and get no response 9 out of 10 is because they will not look a sportbiker eye to eye so they just didnt see you.

Old 09-17-2008 | 01:09 PM

repost

Old 09-17-2008 | 01:19 PM
|

Maybe you all didn't notice but I am a new member. And I wanted to get a reaction for myself. So if you want to complain about a repost, then don't read it at all.

I feel the same way. if they have two wheels or even three wheels, should be some sort of respect and acknowledgment. But some people are just flat out a-holes and ain't nothing gonna change them. Maybe someone isn't paying attention which on a motorcycle if they aren't paying attention, damn, we all gotta watch out.

James

Old 09-17-2008 | 01:19 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

repost
Really?

This should be a sticky in the New Member Area.

It's ok to waaaaaaaaaaaavvvvvve!!

Old 09-17-2008 | 01:25 PM

I rode with my friend the other day, and he was in front of me sometimes and bikers would wave (we're both on sport bikes, me on my 600, him on his ninja 500) he never waved and i meant to bring it up to him. I always did. I have yet to wave at a scooter person though (they never wave either) though I did once when i started riding and mistook one for a motorcycle. I'm sorry, but I just cant call a mom or someone who just wants to save money on gas a brother/sister rider. Maybe I need guidance in this issue but that's the way it stands right now. (though I kind of see my OWN view as hypocritical because I would consider getting a scooter for commutes, things KILL on gas)

Old 09-17-2008 | 01:43 PM

I would consider a safe scooter rider more of a brother or sister than I would a squid sportbike rider that rides like crap and gives the rest of us a bad name.

Quick Reply: Question for the Masses about Waving