Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

question bout riding gear

Old 08-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question bout riding gear

heres my thoughts, well last time i went on a long ride car cut me off and i feel on the highway. so we stopped bout hour later and i decided to put on my track gear for the rest of the way cuz i wanted to feel safer if i fell again and secondly wouldnt get scrapped up to bad. heres my question do u guys wear ur track gear when u go on long rides or just wear ur jacket and jeans. im asking cuz im heading out on a 4hr trip again and dont want to look like an idiot in my full gear riding

Old 08-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Default RE: question bout riding gear

Well, If I'm commuting or just out for pleasure, it's jeans, jacket, helmet, gloves and boots, and a pair of riding jean(basically just super thick denim) If I'm going on a trip, same gear but armored riding pants, but no track gear. Don't think youd look like a fool or anything, plus, I'd be concerned with how youd look if you crashed and didn't wear gear, as opposed to vanity getting the better part of your judgement.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:16 PM

You're going on a 4-hour trip and you think that's not a good time to gear up? Huh??

I can understand if you're running to the store around the corner or whatever...

Old 08-02-2007, 11:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even a decent pair of boots, enough to cover your ankles (don't look to bad for walking round in).
Decent jacket, does not have to be leather, there are heaps that are stylish & have descreet armor, gloves goes without saying. You guys must have something like this over there: www.dragginjeans.com.au
even a 5 minute punt down the shops can have involved in a stack. Wear your gear everytime.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:17 PM

lol nah heading up to northern va to see my pops, my gear is 2 piece leathers. curious if u guys would just gear completly up or just wear jeans/jacket or track pants/jacket

Old 08-02-2007, 11:33 PM

just wear the 2 piece and drive 30 over to look the part lol

Old 08-02-2007, 11:41 PM

ORIGINAL: AudiCBR

just wear the 2 piece and drive 30 over to look the part lol
lol i just dont want to look like an idiot in my track gear, side note id rather fall in my track gear rather than jeans and jacket. just curious what people would do

Old 08-03-2007, 12:21 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

One piece suit for track days, dragstrip, hard country ride, stunt ride. Wear helmet, gloves, boots, jacket, heavy pants, armored shorts for anything else.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:46 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: devlzluv

dont want to look like an idiot in my full gear riding
No one EVER looks like an idiot wearing full gear when riding a bike. You will look more (and feel more) like an idiot if you don't wear it, and you do end up going down. Just my thoughts though. If you have it, wear it!

Old 08-03-2007, 05:35 AM

If you already own the gear, why wouldn't you wear it? If i owned a suit I'd wear it for the long weekend rides but not to go to work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: question bout riding gear