Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Puppy Hunting (NSFW)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
But a Pit Bull owned by a motorcycle riding macho meat slab is almost automatically going assumed to be a vicious dog in training for underground dog fights.
I think this is the nicest thing you've ever said to me. I'm almost tempted to put your impending Doom on hold.... almost.

Virginia, and my county specifically have no laws aimed towards APBTs but I hear you on the warning. I used to get enough looks walking my Shepherds around. Its funny how people automatically assume a lot about a dog just based on looks.

My other half wants a Shiba Inu so bad its crazy after seeing your pictures hahah. I told her I already bought your shoes, i'm not buying your dog .

I was leaning towards the Czech Wolf Dogs because I loved my GS's but want something new, but some of those guys can turn into monsters! And they need a great deal of exercise. Multiple runs a day.

Regardless its time to add another member to the pack. Pretty sure i'll be taking one of those little fellas I posted a pic up home.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
My other half wants a Shiba Inu so bad its crazy after seeing your pictures hahah. I told her I already bought your shoes, i'm not buying your dog .
This might help to dissuade her enthusiasm a bit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4JOxB6SJSI

We've only head the scream once. Also during a bath. It was... horrifyingly interesting

Old 11-23-2010, 12:57 AM

Winston

Zeus!
Wow, those are beautiful dogs. I grew up around German Shepards. My father had several though out my child hood. They were the greatest dogs we ever had. So smart and very protective over the family, but not dangerous. They would remain calm, but if you got rough with any of the kids, the older one would walk over and just give you the look of death, like he was saying, you can play, but hurt my boys and youre dead meat.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio

We've only head the scream once. Also during a bath. It was... horrifyingly interesting
Wow - that's not something I'd like to hear on a regular basis! Reminds me of a time when I was contemplating getting a Sugar Glider. I think they're the coolest little guys, but they make this awful scream while they are adjusting to their new environments.

Originally Posted by nepa_jim
Wow, those are beautiful dogs. I grew up around German Shepards. My father had several though out my child hood. They were the greatest dogs we ever had. So smart and very protective over the family, but not dangerous. They would remain calm, but if you got rough with any of the kids, the older one would walk over and just give you the look of death, like he was saying, you can play, but hurt my boys and youre dead meat.
Thanks Jim - they were awesome doggies. I used to chase after and tackle them, they loved roughhousing in a fun way, but are indeed very protective of their owners. They were both socialized well and great around people and most other dogs.

Winston did actually get into it once with another dog pretty badly. Their dog wasn't on a leash and got very aggressive and ran up from behind us.. one bloody white dog of a mess later after about 10 seconds I was worried

I actually paid the vet bill for the lady, granted in my humble opinion it was her fault and Winston backed off pretty quick but goes to show ya

Old 11-23-2010, 10:54 AM

I think you should get a Bulldog. Awesome dogs!

Attached Thumbnails Puppy Hunting (NSFW)-bulldog.jpg  
Old 11-23-2010, 11:58 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow - that's not something I'd like to hear on a regular basis! Reminds me of a time when I was contemplating getting a Sugar Glider. I think they're the coolest little guys, but they make this awful scream while they are adjusting to their new environments.

Thanks Jim - they were awesome doggies. I used to chase after and tackle them, they loved roughhousing in a fun way, but are indeed very protective of their owners. They were both socialized well and great around people and most other dogs.

Winston did actually get into it once with another dog pretty badly. Their dog wasn't on a leash and got very aggressive and ran up from behind us.. one bloody white dog of a mess later after about 10 seconds I was worried

I actually paid the vet bill for the lady, granted in my humble opinion it was her fault and Winston backed off pretty quick but goes to show ya
Luckily Shibas are fanatical about being clean and their coat repels dirt. Baths are only when they smell or you feel like scaring the neighbors. Most people with one I know only give them baths every 6 months or so.

We take Kai to the dog park where he'll roll around in the dirt so much he turns black in places. But by the time we get home the dirt has mysteriously disappeared...

Old 11-23-2010, 12:59 PM

get one of these....

^I bet I know what he's thinkn....
or these....

or one of these...

^ see what you can train ur dog to do!!

cuz its nates thread had to find some hotties with dogs (which was alot of hard work to btw)

Old 11-23-2010, 01:00 PM

Kuro - Hah, well as long as you don't have to give him regular baths. Do they all scream like that? Kind of funny to watch. I imagine its not so funny to hear. Shiba's are in the Akita family aren't they?

Crash - I am so PROUD of you right now. Words cannot describe.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:03 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

i want a Siberian husky.... or if i had to get something a little smaller perhaps a white Akita

Old 11-23-2010, 01:05 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Akita
dude this is creepy i hit post and it updated with ur right above mine we must be like twins or something born like 5 years apart and have mythical brain powers

Quick Reply: Puppy Hunting (NSFW)